• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

quantity discount

AShekhtman

is there a way to set a pricing scheme, where buying one is one price, buying two, is another price per item, buying three is another price per item (for the same item)?

also another question, is there a way to save shopping cart and come back to it after logging in again at another date / time, where all the items were remembered?

please reply asap if possible.

thank you,

--alex

p.s. send a reply to [email protected]

thank you

the price break contrib by andrewbaucom is flawed. dont waste your time trying to get it to work out of the box. Someone is supposed to be updating it but it is not done. You could update it yourself if you want to look at the priceformatter files that are supplied with it and follow along as the author added support for price1, price2 etc. Just make sure each set of price statements is actually there and it correct. I saw a couple where it looks like he pasted the code but didnt change it so it says price1 over and over when it should have been price1, price2, price3 etc. You will see what im talking about when you look at the priceformatter files that are included with the contrib. Basiclly search the file for the word price and then just make sure each entry with price in it has the correct syntax as the one before and after it.

I am sorry, but I have no clue what you talking about.

Could you please guide me step by step, as my programming knowledge is practically zero. I await your reply.

Thank you,

--Alex

p.s. please reply to [email protected]

the price break contrib by andrewbaucom is flawed. dont waste your time trying to get it to work out of the box. Someone is supposed to be updating it but it is not done. You could update it yourself if you want to look at the priceformatter files that are supplied with it and follow along as the author added support for price1, price2 etc. Just make sure each set of price statements is actually there and it correct. I saw a couple where it looks like he pasted the code but didnt change it so it says price1 over and over when it should have been price1, price2, price3 etc. You will see what im talking about when you look at the priceformatter files that are included with the contrib. Basiclly search the file for the word price and then just make sure each entry with price in it has the correct syntax as the one before and after it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a similar problem & see a number of folks have the same issue. I have come up with the following work around so I can still use UPS and have handling costs that decrease with # of units. Here is my workaround, the amounts are up to you.

1. In UPS shipping, have set "handling cost" for every item - say $2

- add $2-$4 to the price of speciality items to account for added shipping on those compaired with standard items

2. Will give a discount based on # of itmes.

- 2 itmes , .50c off

- 3 items, $1 off

etc.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...antity+discount is a mod for discounts.

Testing this tonight.

Hi Alex, I took a brief look at the above Contribution and it seems to address out-of-stock issues. I'm unclear on how this can be applied to quantity-based cross-product discount application. Could you elaborate on the connection? Many thanks, AMc

Should I stay or should I go now? Thanks and goodbye Joe.