• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easier Ways to edit INDEX

moran

Basically what i wanna do is edit the way the products are displayed. Like when you click a link it takes u to Index.php?cPath=20 or w/e I need to totally change the way the products look on the index page. ive already changed them into columns but now i need to totally restyle them. Are there any tips and advise on doing this? Cuz im looking at the index page and where the cPath stuff is and its making me dizzy.

This is what i want it to look like this... I have the left column and stuff setup, but now i need to tweak how it displays the products. Im just wondering if theres an easier way than trying to edit the mess that they call index.php

00017481.jpg

The mess you want to call index.php on the above page looks ok, but it depend on what you want to do. Are you looking for random images with the main text at the bottom, are you looking for new products.

What exactly are you looking to achieve.

PhilipH

I havent edited index yet... The above is just an image of what i want the output to look like. I didnt mean to call index a mess, i apologise, im just fustrated by the lack of commenting in the code. Basically i guess im just gonna have to delete the whole BODY part of index.php and re-write my own. I was just curious if there was an easier way to tweak index.php to display your products the way you want, and by products im refering to the different computer brands that are listed under a given category. Guess theres not an easier way :(

Archived