• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can anyone help, please!

calexcyou

Hello, I am a newbe here, and sort of got suckered into a site which the owner said he would help 24/7 for his assistance and disappeard on me when I purchased the site. I have 3 other sites, and all have auto updates with products, and very simple to add anything I would like, unlike this site.

Anyway my questions are : I want to ad google adsense , and would like to install the html under the information box, what are the simple steps in that, also would like to add links under the box also. and an other, is there a simple way of putting product on the site without doing it one by one ? anyones help wuld be appreciated. Site is http://www.upyourline.com

thanks alex

Welcome to the forums. :) This story of being left on your own seems to be happening more and more.

Anyway, to your questions:

For adsense, find the following line in the includes/column_left.php file (unless it has been moved to the right column)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

And right below it add this code

if ($request_type == NONSSL) {   /* only show adsense in NON SSL else it causes warning */
?> 	 
 <tr><td  align="center">
       YOUR GOOGLE CODE GOES HERE      </td></tr>
  <?php }

To add links, add the following code

?>
     <tr>
         <td align="center" class="main">
           <?php echo '<a title="Some title goes here" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SOME_PAGE, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . "Some Page Name goes here" . '</a>'; ?>
         </td>
       </tr>

<?php

Note that when adding the above, it is important to know where you are in the code. If you are in a php section of code and are adding html (like <tr>), then you need to surround your code with ?> and <?php as I show above. If you are outside of php code, then just add the html by itself.

To add products quickly and easily, you need to install the Easy Populate contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

thansk jack, but i think i screwed something up " help"

see website at : htt://www.upyourline.com

thks alex

Welcome to the forums. :) This story of being left on your own seems to be happening more and more.

Anyway, to your questions:

For adsense, find the following line in the includes/column_left.php file (unless it has been moved to the right column)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

And right below it add this code

if ($request_type == NONSSL) { ? /* only show adsense in NON SSL else it causes warning */
?> ?	
?<tr><td ?align="center">
? ? ? ?YOUR GOOGLE CODE GOES HERE ? ? ?</td></tr>
? <?php }

To add links, add the following code

?>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ?<td align="center" class="main">
? ? ? ? ? ?<?php echo '<a title="Some title goes here" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SOME_PAGE, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . "Some Page Name goes here" . '</a>'; ?>
? ? ? ? ?</td>
? ? ? ?</tr>

<?php

Note that when adding the above, it is important to know where you are in the code.  If you are in a php section of code and are adding html (like <tr>), then you need to surround your code with ?> and <?php as I show above. If you are outside of php code, then just add the html by itself.

To add products quickly and easily, you need to install the Easy Populate contribution.

Jack

hey jack, thanks for the help. a couple of stupid more questions for you:

when i did the last thing on the add a link, i got rid of the google adsense, ---and you mentioned the populate software, which version, and is it easy to operate, or do i have to be a geniues to figure it out? also i got a ton of free scripts some one gave me erlier in a zip format, and you are welcome to them, if you want let me know, for your help

thanks

alex

thansk jack, but i think i screwed something up " help"

see website at : htt://www.upyourline.com

thks alex

Archived