• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax classes

Products have 1 tax class that can be applied to them. Is it possible to add a second and third tax class for products so that for example in Canada the total would be;

Product $10.00

PST .80

GST .70

Total 11.50

In Canada we are not allowed to put GST and PST together, they have to be seperate on the bill.

(the 3rd would be for provinces with HST)

any options would be nice, thanks.

Peter

Products have 1 tax class that can be applied to them.  Is it possible to add a second and third tax class for products so that for example in Canada the total would be;

Product $10.00

PST            .80

GST            .70

Total      11.50

In Canada we are not allowed to put GST and PST together, they have to be seperate on the bill.

(the 3rd would be for provinces with HST)

any options would be nice, thanks.

Peter

I am also interested in this if anyone has an Idea.

--

Alex Munter

Ottawa, Ontario

I know now, how to get the taxes calculated. The Problem is that in Most Provinces, you have to show the Provincial tax on one line, and the GST (federal) tax on a separate line, with the values broken down. You cannot display the two together. :(

• 3 weeks later...
I know now, how to get the taxes calculated. The Problem is that in Most Provinces, you have to show the Provincial tax on one line, and the GST (federal) tax on a separate line, with the values broken down. You cannot display the two together. :(

I am also trying to run OS Com in Canada and was wondering if this problem has been resolved. The system works fine until I attempt to add Provincial Sales Tax on just the item for sale, not the freight. How do you get this to happen??

Has anyone got this to work right?

Thanks

Syd Sellers.

Archived