• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I fix this?

whereditgo

Hi,

I installed a couple of contributions today. After trial and error, everything is working ok, but when I click on tools in admin, I get this error message at the top of the page:

"Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php."

What can I do to resolve this? As far as I know it's not causing any problems. I have run through my site using various payment methods and all seems ok. So what does this error mean? I didn't see it until late, so I don't know what I did. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cyndi

Is it reality or just a dream, for some there is no difference.

Hi,

I installed a couple of contributions today.  After trial and error, everything is working ok, but when I click on tools in admin, I get this error message at the top of the page:

"Error: Backup directory does not exist. Please set this in configure.php."

What can I do to resolve this? As far as I know it's not causing any problems.  I have run through my site using various payment methods and all seems ok.  So what does this error mean? I didn't see it until late, so I don't know what I did. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cyndi

You should have a backup directory at admin/backups and it should be pointing to that location in your admin/includes/configure.php file.

You could be missing the folder if so create one and set the permissions to 777

You could be pointing to another location in your configure.php file set it so the locations match

The permissions on the directory could be incorrect. Set them to 777

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived