• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact_Us

scorpio33

I was told that i am not making any sales because i didn't have any Tel# or Address on my website. I am not skilled enough to do this myself.

So I need help from a expert. Is there anyone out there who can put my Company's name, address and Tel# on my contact_us page?

If so, will you do it? and how much would it cost me.

Thanks

www.gamesrealcheap.com

I was told that i am not making any sales because i didn't have any Tel# or Address on my website. I am not skilled enough to do this myself.

So I need help from a expert. Is there anyone out there who can put my Company's name, address and Tel# on my contact_us page?

If so, will you do it? and how much would it cost me.

Thanks

www.gamesrealcheap.com

There are lots of reasons why you might not be making any sales. One is whether or not people can find you through the search engines, another is that you're not offering competitive prices or have a competitive shipping policy. Another might be that your graphics are so large that they take a long time to load and potential customers get bored waiting. Another could be accepting only Paypal payments, which sometimes frustrates customers to have to set up yet another user name and password.

But yes, not having the appearance of a "real" business can put people off. You should be able to do the editing yourself. THis takes five minutes. It looks like you've managed to put in your shipping and privacy policy, so adding this shouldn't be too hard.

In catalog/contact_us.php search for :

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_contact_us.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Add the following after the </tr>

<tr><td>

your company name <br>

address<br>

city, state, zip<br>

phone<br>

any other contact info you want

</td></tr>

-andrea-

Java this site will keep you busy  its takes ages to load, the condition of use are a laugh, its yet again another standard YAWN site have fun 

I am not commenting on anything to do with his site till he asks for it in the appropriate forum. :thumbsup:

There are lots of reasons why you might not be making any sales.  One is whether or not people can find you through the search engines, another is that you're not offering competitive prices or have a competitive shipping policy.  Another might be that your graphics are so large that they take a long time to load and potential customers get bored waiting.  Another could be accepting only Paypal payments, which sometimes frustrates customers to have to set up yet another user name and password.

But yes, not having the appearance of a "real" business can put people off.  You should be able to do the editing yourself.  THis takes five minutes.  It looks like you've managed to put in your shipping and privacy policy, so adding this shouldn't be too hard.

In catalog/contact_us.php search for :

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_contact_us.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Add the following after the </tr>

<tr><td>

your company name <br>

address<br>

city, state, zip<br>

phone<br>

any other contact info you want

</td></tr>

-andrea-

Thanks Andrea,

I now have contact info. :thumbsup:

Regarding your first paragraph.

Except for the fact that i only accept payment via Paypal and Money Order, everything else is ok.

Is there another well known method of payment that is used by buyers on the Internet?

If so, where do iget it.

Thank Again

I am not commenting on anything to do with his site till he asks for it in the appropriate forum.    :thumbsup:

Are you in this forum to help, or to make fun of websites? Unfortunatley we all don't know as much as you do. I belive the reason why most people join this forum

is because they are trying to learn something.

I don't know what you are talking about when you say the site takes a long time to load. I have had people browes through the site from diffrent locations, even from England. No one else reported the site as being slow. So I suggest that you check that again?

I didn't ask for criticism, I asked for help with the contact_us page. You obviousley

didn't have anything constructive to say, so why did you reply?

Finally, I know where to go to ask for criticism.

My response was;

You could always put your store up for review in the mystore section of the forum and get some different feedback on it.

and that was in response to this quote from dirthawker;

There are lots of reasons why you might not be making any sales.

and I then said;

I am not commenting on anything to do with his site till he asks for it in the appropriate forum.

to which you responded;

Are you in this forum to help, or to make fun of websites? Unfortunatley we all don't know as much as you do. I belive the reason why most people join this forum is because they are trying to learn something.

I am sorry if I made fun of your site in any way. I was just trying to offer an alternative suggestion to you. As dirthawker pointed out (and IMO her response was very good) the contact us page might not be the only reason. Pointing out that placing your store for review might be of benifit was to be of help to you, even though the forum section is fairly obvious it is sometimes overlooked.

I still have no comment on your site till you ask for it in the appropriate forum.

Peter

Once again I am sorry if I offended you in any way.

My response was;

and that was in response to this quote from dirthawker;

and I then said;

to which you responded;

I am sorry if I made fun of your site in any way.  I was just trying to offer an alternative suggestion to you.  As dirthawker pointed out (and IMO her response was very good) the contact us page might not be the only reason.  Pointing out that placing your store for review might be of benifit was to be of help to you,  even though the forum section is fairly obvious it is sometimes overlooked.

I still have no comment on your site till you ask for it in the appropriate forum.

Peter

Once again I am sorry if I offended you in any way.

Hi,

no hard feelings. I know my site is not the greatest, but i am hoping to learn from you guys so that i can make it better.

ps.

Peter, I now have a better "condition of use page"

I also found the reason why some of my pages were taking so long to load. I had .bmp img. instead of jpeg.

check it out.

I will submit my site soon. I am just trying to fix some of the obvious.

Thanks

Scorpio33 :thumbsup:

Don't worry about it Peter - - keep in mind that there are many thousands of people on these boards. Whenever you get that many people in one place, you're guaranteed to have quite a mix: helpful, helpful but sarcastic, elitist, won't-ask-anything-until-I-figure-it-out-on-my-own, won't-figure-anything-out-on-my-own, won't-search, etc.

Keep asking. Keep learning.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to help on the few things I am able to help with.

Is there another well known method of payment that is used by buyers on the Internet?

If so, where do iget it.

Yes, they're called credit cards. Accepting them directly (rather than thru Paypal) is more "professional.". I personally do not mind Paypal, but I would never send a personal check or money order to anyone. My dollars are out the door, and who knows if I'll actually receive any products?

If you look in your admin there is a list of credit card procesing gateways.

Archived