• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session getting lost

axy_almighty

I built a site using oscommerce and have used proxypay payment authentication. The problem is, when the user pays at the bank's site and is rediredted back to my site, the session is lost :huh: !!!

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Axy

<?php

include("brains");

?>

I believe that the session time-out is 20 minutes, so should be plenty of time to complete the transaction and return to your site and pick up on the pre-existing session.

The problem may be that your ProxyPay site generates its own session id and passes that back to your site in place of your own session id - in which case your website won't recognise it.

Or it may simply be that ProxyPay are returning people to your site without any session id at all - same result!

You really need to find out from ProxyPay how their system handles session ids.

Vger

Thanks Rhea,

I have mailed ProxyPay to let me know the technical details. I am however curious about the problem because if I go back, my session, my shopping cart, etc is all there. Is there someway you think I can restore the session without intervention from the customer, like (logging in again!) , or even entering his username again? I tried to restore the session using the IP Address of the customer but then I am facing problems with firewalls/proxy servers (same IP) or even if the customer refreshes his screen :'(

Thanks Anyways

Axy

<?php

include("brains");

?>

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I'm really curious as to how you have managed to make OSCommerce work with ProxyPay.

Did you build a module for it?

I scoured the site (fora and contributions) and came up with nothing. I need a module for ProxyPay, even a half-working one. From then on, I *might* be able to help you with your problem as well...

Yiangos

Feu! Edome8a upo rhnnosxhmwn lukwn!

BTW, since you seem to have solved other problems relating to ProxyPay (namely, you HAVE a module), here is an idea on how to keep your session:

osCommerce gives you the ability to store session data in two ways (you choose during installation). One of them is database driven, i.e. all session data are stored in the database. Using this option simplifies things.

From what I know, ProxyPay gives you 9 free variables. You can use some of them to store a "pointer" to the table(s) and row(s) where the session data has been stored (such as the session ID). When control returns to you from the bank site, you can use the data stored in those variables to retrieve the session data from the database and restore your session. So, this is what happens:

Customer enters the shop-> session data is stored in the database.

Customer asks to checkout-> proxypay bank page (different session/no session at all)

Comfirmation-> restore session from the database and resume.

But my question still remains: do you actually have a working proxypay module?

Yiangos

Feu! Edome8a upo rhnnosxhmwn lukwn!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

So, did you ever fix your problem?

I had a similar problem with my attempts at a proxypay module.

I got to the bank ok, but on the return session data was lost and I never quite figured out how to get oscommerce to either confirm and complete the transaction or recognize that the tranasction failed and reply as such.

Yiangos' comments on the proxypay variable holders seem the correct way to go about retaining session information. But the success/failure of the transaction as seen by oscommerce remains a problem (at least to me).

Did you model your module using another payment module as a template? If so, which module?

Do you have a working proxypay module now that addresses all the problems mentioned above?

Thanks,

Lynnch

Archived