• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Forum function

chippyUK

Am I being dumb or does the search function not work properly in this forum. After entering a search I am taken to the first matching post instead of being presented with a list of matching posts. This is a pain because I have to go through all the pages in a forum looking for a post that I know is there.

John

Have tested the search and dont get any issues.

Remember you need a min of 4 charectors to perform a search.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Remember you need a min of 4 charectors to perform a search.

I thought Harald was changing this to 3 characters again...I seem to remember him mentioning this somewere a few weeks ago.....

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

I thought Harald was changing this to 3 characters again...I seem to remember him mentioning this somewere a few weeks ago.....

Yes it will be changed to 3.. I am not sure if its done yet :)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

A search on the main forum always produces a SQL error for me... so yeah, I think something's busted.

That is a confirmed InvisionBoard bug that will be fixed in the next version due this week. This forum will be updated to it as soon as possible.

Yes it will be changed to 3.. I am not sure if its done yet :)

It was done a while ago ;)

:heart:, osCommerce

Archived