• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit cards without merchant ID

ozmoto

I have a business that can accept Credit Cards already via a terminal in my shop. can I set the OS Commerce store to send cutsomers credit card details to me so that i can process them manually, or must I have an SSl and Internet merchant facility organised?

At present when I try I get a message saying that it doesn't accept cards starting with 4506 That's a Visa Card.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. This will just send the Credit Card details to me for manual processing? When I try it with my own credit card it states that it does not accept credit cards starting with 4506

I am in Australia, and thats the start numbers for our Visa card.

Is there some setting I need to activate?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. This will just send the Credit Card details to me for manual processing? When I try it with my own credit card it states that it does not accept credit cards starting with 4506

I am in Australia, and thats the start numbers for our Visa card.

Is there some setting I need to activate?

Thanks

where did u get this error msg? in osc or ur terminal?

I was getting it in OSC, however I have added a small priced item, used my real credid card number and expiry date and it's fine. (I transposed the last two digits before as a precaution.)

However, I am still at a loss as to how it works. The system sent a confirmation order to me, but although it says payment method Credit Card, it doesn't give the details so that I can process it.

I went into admin and looked at customer orders, but the credit card numbers and expiry don't show there either.

How do I get them to process them?

Thanks for all your help here. Alan

Archived