• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image Resize options

pkpzt94

I am looking for easy simple options for dealing with resizing of images.

I am trying to set this up for someone and unless there is an easy mod I need to find a graphics program to allow resizing the image with out streching the image.

1.) Is there a very easy contribution to deal with this (they all look too complex for me)?

2.) Is there a known cheap graphics program to do this with?

3.) If there is a great contribution that someone would be willing to install, how much would you charge? This is a personal favor for someone who has been out of work for 6 months so it cannot be much.

I am trying to set this up for someone and unless there is an easy mod I need to find a graphics program to allow resizing the image with out streching the image.

1.) Is there a very easy contribution to deal with this (they all look too complex for me)?

3.) If there is a great contribution that someone would be willing to install, how much would you charge?  This is a personal favor for someone who has been out of work for 6 months so it cannot be much.

Try this, it's supposed to resize your images.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2094

Daren

Newbie=>Pro Soon!

3.) If there is a great contribution that someone would be willing to install, how much would you charge?  This is a personal favor for someone who has been out of work for 6 months so it cannot be much.

There is another contribution you can use if you don't have imagemagik installed on your server. GD thumbnailer is the name, it used the GD .dll to do the resizing (most new verisions of php have gd incorporated in it, just check your server info under admin-tools=server info)

If you want a cheap graphics program to do different sizes then I can suggest :

Easy THumbnails

It is FreeWare (doesn't get any cheaper :thumbsup: ) Works like a dream!!! you can select what size, etc... I use if for my site as I have not been able to get either the gd or imagemakic thumbnailers to work. I use the Ultra pics contribution which allows you to specify specific images for small pics (main page) med sized pics (for product page) and Large pics (for the product popup). It has worked very well for me so far.

RavenWulf

This is by far my favorite image thumbnailer and i have been through many

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226

It replaces tep_image.

If the image size set in tep_image doesn't match the actual image size it proportionally resizes the image on the fly. This means that i can have one fairly hi-res image and generate mini thumbnails for lists, mid sized images for specials and full sized images for product info. If i wanna tweak an image size i change it in the db and boom all images are done.

This contrib leads to less images files stored on server, more flexibility in the size of images you use on the frontend at the cost of some server overhead. I havn't found that it increases load time by much, but haven't run extensive tests.

There is a image cache feature on the contrib if you are one of those coders who insist on efficiency

I ain't got time to bleed

Archived