• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK Customisations

Hi,

Being new to osCommerce I was wondering if there are any UK guys out there that could point me in the right direction to get oscommerce UK specific.

I've managed to get the base install all up and running and found some real good articles on customising the site in general (www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2565 if anyones wondering!).

Things like setting up the tax, modifying the $ to ?, and anything that anybody whos had to go through these growing pains so its a little less painful for me!

Also, what are the 'essential' contributions i should add in your experience guys???

Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

In the english.php file in includes/languages, scroll down until you find USD and change to GBP. Find all references to MM/DD/YYYY and change to DD/MM/YYYY.

In your osCommerce 'admin' control panel, go to Locations/Taxes, add a new tax class (VAT) and then add a new tax rate at 17.5% and assign to VAT Tax Class.

Don't forget that you also have to add UK Pounds Sterling (GBP) to the list of currencies - as for some wierd reason osCommerce only comes setup with USD and Euros.

Vger

Archived