• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

online fulfillment workflow

I would like to know if anyone has information on setting up online order fulfillment in osCommerce.

My store's products will consist primarily of software, and I would like to be able to deliver the software directly to the customer upon payment.

Whether it's as simple as generating an e-mail with URL, user and password information for download, or as robust as automatically e-mailing the customer the product, I'd like to know what might already be out there. I have scanned the forums and the contributions to the best of my abilities, but have yet to run into somthing that addresses my particular need.

Currently, as I understand the functionality of the basic osCommerce package, I will receive an e-mail receipt of order and payment acceptance. After that, order fulfillment would be a manual process (as if I was shipping a physical package). Thank you in advance for any advice or links to pertinent topics that you provide. If my understanding of the situation is at all off, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,

sfcg

I would like to know if anyone has information on setting up online order fulfillment in osCommerce.

My store's products will consist primarily of software, and I would like to be able to deliver the software directly to the customer upon payment. 

Whether it's as simple as generating an e-mail with URL, user and password information for download, or as robust as automatically e-mailing the customer the product, I'd like to know what might already be out there.  I have scanned the forums and the contributions to the best of my abilities, but have yet to run into somthing that addresses my particular need.

Currently, as I understand the functionality of the basic osCommerce package, I will receive an e-mail receipt of order and payment acceptance.  After that, order fulfillment would be a manual process (as if I was shipping a physical package).  Thank you in advance for any advice or links to pertinent topics that you provide.  If my understanding of the situation is at all off, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,

sfcg

Use the oscommerce built in downloads manager...

Customer orders...pays you via say Pal Pal...and then once you receive the payment they get redirected back to your site for the download.

Use the oscommerce built in downloads manager...

Customer orders...pays you via say Pal Pal...and then once you receive the payment they get redirected back to your site for the download.

Thanks so much for your help, and sorry to bother you with a solution that was basically staring me in the face. However, may I ask that you explain how it works? As far as I see, the download attribute is added to a particular item, then upon checkout osCommerce redirects to the file to be downloaded. All the while, osCommerce tracks the number and date of the downloads so as to limit access to the product files. Is that correct?

Also, how do the pub and download directories interact to create this functionallity? Does the 777 pub directory serve as a gateway of sorts to the download directory? I just want to make sure that our products can't be accessed simply by typing in the download directory name.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with this as well. I've set everything up according to the knowledgebase article, and I can enter the file name. When I purchase the item I can go through the checkout, pay with CC but I never get the option to download the file. Thanks for your help.

Archived