• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CMS

usmanaa

the open source cms site is a good one. Based on testing stuff there I ended up not going the way I thought I would (one of the Nukes). I started using Mambo. You can find it at mamboserver.com. It's unbelievably simple to skin, has great documentation, a lively community (small compared to this one but active and helpful), great 3rd party add-ons.

If osC had the same skinning setup there'd be a lot fewer frustrated newbies on this forum. There was even a project started there to integrate Mambo and osC but it looks to be moribund.

won't let me edit the previous post.

the open source cms site is a good one. Based on testing stuff there I ended up not going the way I thought I would (one of the Nukes). I started using Mambo. You can find it at http://www.mamboserver.com' target='_blank'>mamboserver.com. It's unbelievably simple to template, has great documentation, a lively community (small compared to this one but active and helpful), great 3rd party add-ons (modules and components) - e.g. a really nice gallery

If osC had the same templating setup there'd be a lot fewer frustrated newbies on this forum. There was even a project started there to integrate Mambo and osC but it looks to be moribund. It reminds me a lot of osC in some ways. Not the script, but the community, the add-ons etc. In some ways <heresy>it's better</heresy> the temlating, the documentation

There's quite a lot of difference between 4.5 and 4.5.1 btw. I use 4.5 but will be upgrading when I get time. Not all of the modules and components (i.e. the add-ons) are compatible with 4.5.1 yet.

Personally, I like Typo3 a lot. It is extremely flexible and has many extensions, a huge community and the development is going very fast (currently version 3.7.0).

There is one drawback, however. A steep learning curve. But it's worth it :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to go for a very complete Perl package, you might want to check out WebGUI. It's Open Source and can be found both at Sourceforge as well as the driving company: www.plainblack.com.

Extensive templates, rather easy to add modules (wobjects) and/or macro's, etc. Very active community. And a strong focus on continious development.

Martin.

Archived