• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The login and create account pages

Hi there, being new to this I?ll try to be as clear as I can, and I?ll like to say I appreciate all those that will help me on this problem.

I?m just setting up the osCommerce page and so far I seem to be doing every thing right. I?m having a problem to get the login and create account pages to show up, it is displaying a 404 error page when clicked on. I haven?t gotten a SSL secure certificate at the moment, but is that preventing those pages from showing up?

What can I do to get these pages to appear?

Thanks.

Millz

did you double check that your ftp program actually uploaded those files to your server? why not upload those files again and see if that will do the trick. Off the top of my head I'd say those files are in the catalog/includes/languages/english folder.

I haven?t gotten a SSL secure certificate at the moment, but is that preventing those pages from showing up?

Yes it will if you have define('ENABLE_SSL', true); when you don't have an SSL cert, either shared or full.

If you have this set to true, then set it to false in your configure.php files.

Vger

FTP to your website (if it's on a Windows server), go to the catalog/includes/configure.php file, right-click, select Operations --> FTP Commands --> CHMOD(Unix) and change the file permission of the file to 644, download it to your computer, edit it in a plain text editor (NotePad, not WordPad), upload the altered file via FTP, and change the CHMOD to 400.

Do the same for your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file

Vger

I found it and fix the problem, I did configure the configure.php and the login and create account files work now. No 404 error.

Thanks for you support and assistance

Vger :lol:

and

simplyme :D

Thanks again

millz

Archived