• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help on installing contributions

WS6Store

I would like to install 2 different contributions....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...master+password

and

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

into our store.

I was looking through the readme install file of one of them, and it says:

------------
| RUN THE SQL |
-------------

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('188', 'Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', MD5('yourpassword'), 'This password will allow you to login to any customers account.', 1, 23, '2004-06-15 07:10:52', '2004-06-15 07:10:52', NULL, NULL);

What does this mean and how do it do that?

After that, the next install part says this:

MODIFY THE PHP FILES |
----------------------

(1) /catalog/includes/functions/password_funcs.php

* FIND:

?if (md5($stack[1] . $plain) == $stack[0]) {
? ? ? ?return true;
? ? ?}

* REPLACE WITH:

?// START MARTIN'S MASTER PASSWORD MD5 MODIFICATION
? ? ?if (md5($plain) == MASTER_PASS) { return true; }
? ? ?// END MARTIN'S MASTER PASSWORD MD5 MODIFICATION
? ? ?if (md5($stack[1] . $plain) == $stack[0]) {
? ? ? ?return true;
? ? ?}

(1) /catalog/admin/configuration.php
* FIND:
tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

* REPLACE WITH:
// START MARTIN'S MASTER PASSWORD MD5 MODIFICATION
$config_key_query=tep_db_query("select configuration_key from ?" . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");
$config_key=tep_db_fetch_array($config_key_query);
if ($config_key['configuration_key'] != "MASTER_PASS") {
?tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");
} else
{
?tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = MD5('" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "'), last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");	
}
// END MARTIN'S MASTER PASSWORD MD5 MODIFICATION

I know how do do all of that, its just the first part where its asking to 'Run the SQL" that I'm not sure of what or how to do. Please help!!

Thanks

In your hosting control panel you should have a link to phpmyadmin. Click on it, choose your database and then click on the sql button. At this point you can either copy and paste the sql commands into the field or run the included sql file by clicking on browse by and drilling down to the file on your drive. You then click go and the sql commands will run. You are then good to go.

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST IN YOUR OSC ADMIN CENTER BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES!!

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Ok thx for the help. For some reason I didn't install them in the right PHP files or sumthing, cuz now I am getting this error whenever you want to checkout:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ws6proje/public_html/user_stor/catalog/includes/functions/password_funcs.php:51) in /home/ws6proje/public_html/user_stor/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I went back and deleted the SQL out of my database and also edited the PHP files back to what they were, now it still doesnt work....what did I do wrong?

Ok thx for the help.  For some reason I didn't install them in the right PHP files or sumthing, cuz now I am getting this error whenever you want to checkout:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ws6proje/public_html/user_stor/catalog/includes/functions/password_funcs.php:51) in /home/ws6proje/public_html/user_stor/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I went back and deleted the SQL out of my database and also edited the PHP files back to what they were, now it still doesnt work....what did I do wrong?

How are you editing your php files? If you are using the online editor in the admin center stop doing so. You should edit your files locally and then ftp them to your server.

One thing you should always do before installing any contribution is backup your database in the osC admin and then backup any files you are going to change so if things do get screwed up you can at least go back to where you were a lot easier.

You can see a explanation of your error message HERE

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived