• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bulk emailings

bozamic

Are bulk emailings worth the money or should I just drop the cash down the drain?

Can anyone recommend any good advertising venues for the low budget? Already using some Pay-per-click but wanted to know other options to supplement with.

Thanks

I personally stay away from bulk unsolicited emailings. I hate receiving them and I'm sure my customers do also. I do use the newsletter option to send emails to my customers whenever a new product or shipment arrives. Otherwise I rely on pay per click (Google seems to generate the majority of the sales) and word of mouth marketing. Word of mouth marketing is very effective, because when other people tell their friends about you it holds a lot of credibility and doesn't cost you any money (a good book to read about this is "The Purple Cow" by Seth Godin). Once marketing strategy I'm about to use is free givaways. I have a product line which isn't selling and rather than throw it in the trash or give to charity I'm going to send out a message to all of my customers and let them know that this product line will be available for free for a given amount of time, they only need to pay shipping and handling. This is a great way to clear out some of the old products and generate a lot of conversation about the company and hopefully lead to more sales. You should look for approaches to making other talk about your website (such as low price, unique products, great service, or something which may be totally off the wall but will generate conversation). We get lots of business from people coming to our website from forums where other people have been talking about us.

I was just looking at your website, I really like the gemstones (they seem to be at a good price point also). I did notice that your Google page ranking is low, kinda strange since your website has been up for over a year. You might look at getting some links back to you which have higher page ranks (Google shows no backwards links - they don't show the ones with low page ranks).

I did notice that your Google page ranking is low, kinda strange since your website has been up for over a year.

I haven't been open over a year. I only started working on my site in May or June. I am working on the links though. Try to add some every day.

I rely on pay per click (Google seems to generate the majority of the sales)

Next to Google Adwords, what is the best online marketing stategy?

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Archived