• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can OsCommerce do this?

I wasn't quit sure where to post this in the OsC forums, if this is the wrong place I apologize.

I'm supposed to setup a strange sort of script for my employer. This is what they're looking for:

Create a web-based solution that allows the customer to log in based upon company with a specific account number. Once they log in they will be prompted to accept an agreement each time before continuing. They will then input as much information as possible and submit the information to the client. EH will then receive an email letting them know that a request has been made with the information. The administration section will allow EH to log in via a secure password that will allow you toadd/edit/delete a customer. From here EH will also be allowed to runreports such as who is using the system & how many times. These reports will allow EH to create invoices based upon usage. Allow EH will be able to view what the customer has submitted and to mark it as new,pending, and completed. This information will remain on the server for 6months and then automatically moved into an archive or possibly deleted.The option needs to be open.

IS this something OsCommerce could do? IF not does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

It comes pretty close.

However, this doesn't say anything about actual products, or order management. Really, all it's talking about is customer management. Unless, it's saying that the 'collect as much information as possible' is actually the 'order'.

From a login standpoint, you'd need a solution to change the loging from using an email address to using the company name. I think that's probalby doable.

The 'contact us' or 'reviews' page could actually be the basis used for the customer to 'enter as much information as possible'.

In all, I don't htink it's be too hard to convert OSC to suite your requirements.

I wasn't quit sure where to post this in the OsC forums, if this is the wrong place I apologize.

I'm supposed to setup a strange sort of script for my employer. This is what they're looking for:

Create a web-based solution that allows the customer to log in based upon company with a specific account number. Once they log in they will be prompted to accept an agreement each time before continuing. They will then input as much information as possible and submit the information to the client. EH will then receive an email letting them know that a request has been made with the information. The administration section will allow EH to log in via a secure password that will allow you toadd/edit/delete a customer. From here EH will also be allowed to runreports such as who is using the system & how many times. These reports will allow EH to create invoices based upon usage. Allow EH will be able to view what the customer has submitted and to mark it as new,pending, and completed. This information will remain on the server for 6months and then automatically moved into an archive or possibly deleted.The option needs to be open.

IS this something OsCommerce could do? IF not does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived