• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Spam?

dropdeadred

I've noticed that every now and then I'm getting spam emails related to Oscommerce. I've had a few from people offering to develop for me, offering bells and whistles specifically because the site is is Oscommerce.

Today I got one from a site that runs Oscommerce and I'm assuming there is some list of Oscommerce sites these folks have access to hence the spam - because there's no way they sent me the link to the site they did if they'd actually looked at who we are beyond the site engine. We're a record label and the service they're promoting is a pay service for downloading copyrighted materials. They even advertise that they have movies that are still in theatres. I want to check if they have our records (sure they do) but I have to make an account to search.

Anyone else get Oscommerce spam?

Melanie

Off to report the rat bastards to the RIAA and whoever else I can think of.

Unless one of your posts specificly asks for or is looking for help in development or "bells & whistles" unsolcicited emails/PMs are against the forums rules.

Best bet is to forward all relevant information to one of the moderators or admins. They will act upon the infringement accordingly and get back to you in a timely manner.

Today I got one from a site that runs Oscommerce and I'm assuming there is some list of Oscommerce sites these folks have access to hence the spam

If you have "Powered By Oscommerce" in the footer, your site can be found in any search engine quite easily.

Archived