• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

title info

jcobrian

contribution link in my signature area

search for header tags controller

follow installation procedures

I reall do appreciate your concerted efforts, but I am a novice at this program and nothing you have said makes any sense to me. Is there no one file that I can edit that will change the information between the <title> </title> tags so when I view with source from my browser, it will show the title name I want?

includes/languages/english.php

I reall do appreciate your concerted efforts, but I am a novice at this program and nothing you have said makes any sense to me.  Is there no one file that I can edit that will change the information between the <title> </title> tags so when I view with source from my browser, it will show the title name I want?

If you want to change the title for your home page, then you edit catalog/index.php. If you want to change the title for your privacy page, then you edit catalog/privacy.php. If you want... - get the idea? The stock shop comes with 30-40 files in the catalog directory that all have titles. You will need to edit all of these to have unique titles. This doesn't even tought the titles for your product pages. That is why it is suggested that you install the Header Tags Controler contribution. If you want a shop that the search engines pay more attention to you, then that is what you need to do.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived