• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Admin Account

Osco community...

I've setup oscommerce - done all the configurations on the /localhost/website/cart/admin page... then realised I wouldn't want the owner to use my account details to login to the oscommerce admin page. :'(

Is there a way to change the admin account for the oscommerce admin functions?

:( - Please help

Osco community...

I've setup oscommerce - done all the configurations on the /localhost/website/cart/admin page... then realised I wouldn't want the owner to use my account details to login to the oscommerce admin page.  :'(

Is there a way to change the admin account for the oscommerce admin functions?

:(  - Please help

Who would administer the site? Who would manage the products / orders etc?

If the owner is doing this then surely they need access otherwise are you going to charge for the site administration on an ongoing basis?

Who would administer the site?  Who would manage the products / orders etc?

If the owner is doing this then surely they need access otherwise are you going to charge for the site administration on an ongoing basis?

Glad someone answered quick. I created it for someone else - the setup was to build and give them the entire site and maintenance once the initial items were figured out...

Only issue now is I created the account with an admin account I use for other sites. Besides the owner would most likely want to change it as well... I just need to know where.

Glad someone answered quick. I created it for someone else - the setup was to build and give them the entire site and maintenance once the initial items were figured out... 

Only issue now is I created the account with an admin account I use for other sites. Besides the owner would most likely want to change it as well... I just need to know where.

Not sure if you change the admin details.

What about a db backup via admin - tools and a reinstall. Setup a different admin user/password and then restore the db.

There may be an easier way, but unsure what.

Not sure if you change the admin details.

What about a db backup via admin - tools and a reinstall.  Setup a different admin user/password and then restore the db.

There may be an easier way, but unsure what.

Having now seen this from Mibble, it ocurred to me that a little app I use may be able to set up different users.

I used deadbolt.cgi to secure my Admin and you can add different users I think. This would enable you to secure it with the owners own username and password.

HTH

Having now seen this from Mibble, it ocurred to me that a little app I use may be able to set up different users.

I used deadbolt.cgi to secure my Admin and you can add different users I think.  This would enable you to secure it with the owners own username and password.

HTH

Thanks - But I seem to be farther from my initial issue :huh:

When one creates an oscommerce instance one requires one account and one password as admin. I need to change this... and this alone. Or even add one with the same rights to the admin page. :(

Thanks...

Archived