• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I specify only one country to sell to?

eagleknight

New to the boards and osCommerce. I am setting up a site for my sister who is selling flowers and she is only going to be shipping in the US and I was wandering how can I specify this in the configuration. I have all the countries under the zones area. :blush:

You can delete all of the other countries using the File Manager, but this takes a long time. If you go to the database via phpMyAdmin you can delete a whole bunch of countries in one go (much quicker).

You'll still have to make it really clear to customers that you only ship within the USA, else someone from e.g. Peru will sign up for an account and include all of their Peruvian address and select the only country available (the USA). Not kidding, it's amazing what some people do.

Vger

You can delete all of the other countries using the File Manager, but this takes a long time.  If you go to the database via phpMyAdmin you can delete a whole bunch of countries in one go (much quicker).

You'll still have to make it really clear to customers that you only ship within the USA, else someone from e.g. Peru will sign up for an account and include all of their Peruvian address and select the only country available (the USA).  Not kidding, it's amazing what some people do.

Vger

Looks a bit complicated, good thing I do know SQL though. Haven't put my knowledge to use just have had two classes on it in college. Guess I will be testing myself. I better back the database up first.

Archived