• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images/products not showing up!!!

I am brand new to this whole thing. I picked up this website already put together and most of the products already listed on it. I am having a few problems and not get to much help from the original owner of the site. Here are a few of the problems I am having:

1. I added about 50 new products last night and even created a new section to put them in. After I did all the work, they show up in my admin section when I log into the OSCommerce page, but do not show up on the actual site. The new section shows up, with the new catagories in them, but no products and/or pictures. What am I doing wrong here? (The new section is there and the subcatagories but not the products)

My Webpage

(When you click on subcatagory there is no products.

2. I want to change the colors of the site, but have not a clue what to do?

3. The site currently has all the products on sale for 25%, I want to take this off, but can't figure out how to do it. I figured out how to do one product but there are about 1500 products on the site and there has got to be a way to do all of them at the same time.

Anyone please help this lost soul. Thank you

The site probably uses caching. Check for this under admin > configuration> cache. See if it is set to true. It probably is.

When cache is turned on, you need to refresh the cache files when you add things. You can do this under admin > tools > cache control. Click the little recycle icons next to each cache file. The files will get regenerated automagically.

-jared

Thank you for the reply. I looked into the site and noticed that the cache was not turned on. I refreshed those directories anyways and then even tried to turn on cache. None of it seems to work. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Archived