• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recomended uk hosts and configurations?

NewbyRob

I am looking intyo setting up a OScommerce stire in the uk, but im fairly new to web based stuff.

For this reason i was wondering if i need to find a host woth OScommerce already installed? - ANY recomendations please

Or can anyone recomend a un-preconfigured host tha has good support and which will enable me to do every thing i need to get oscommerce up and running.

CAn anyone provide any ballpark figures on the anmount of space i need for the account and the amount of bandwidth i will be needing.

Any suggestions, with ball park figures for prices to pay and perhaps some recomended features for the host would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Newbyrob

I am looking intyo setting up a OScommerce stire in the uk, but im fairly new to web based stuff.

For this reason i was wondering if i need to find a host woth OScommerce already installed? - ANY recomendations please

Or can anyone recomend a un-preconfigured host tha has good support and which will enable me to do every thing i need to get oscommerce up and running.

CAn anyone provide any ballpark figures on the anmount of space i need for the account and the amount of bandwidth i will be needing.

Any suggestions, with ball park figures for prices to pay and perhaps some recomended features for the host would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Newbyrob

A similar question has been asked here.

A similar question has been asked here.

Guys i had the same problem and ended up saving myself quite a few pennies and getting a fast host. The hosting companies in the uk charge mass amounts of money for hosting ecommerce sites and their hosting is very unreliable. Bandwidth vs speed vs site downtime.

I know IPOWERWEB get a bashing sometimes on here but it has worked for me and its a lot cheaper for the functionality you get.

For the site functionality IPOWERWEB gives the UK hosting companines want to charge you 'extra's'.

so take my advice and try ipowerweb i'm very happy with their customer service. at least I can get hold of them 24/7 and their in the states i'm in Northern Ireland. Uk Hosts need to get their act together I'll never host with a small host again.

Ipowerweb also has oscommerce preinstalled so its a big starting point if you want to get up and running quickly.

If you need anymore info just ask. My site has just been taken down for a face lift and will be going up in 7-10 days if you want to have a look. Its hosted on IPWeB www.ipowerweb.com and will be for the forseeable furture. Hope this was a help to you. I know what its like starting out - been there........... :)

www.donnadirect.co.uk

john

I used to be clueless but I've turned that situation around 360 degrees

so take my advice and try ipowerweb  i'm very happy with their customer service.  at least I can get hold of them 24/7 and their in the states i'm in Northern Ireland.  Uk Hosts need to get their act together I'll never host with a small host again.

I agree here to a level, what I dont agree with is saying all UK hosts are bad, there are a lot of bad things said about ipower just in these forums alone so what has the world got to say about them? they could be good for you, but maybe not so good for someone else, the same as any UK hosts.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating most often, but word of mouth is a good start point. :thumbsup:

Ok i am using ehostpros and i am happy with them and there is other one bluehost.com like joker said it is something personal i am happy with them but you have to try it yourself

Archived