• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disable Account Registration?

Here's what I've gotta do, but no clue as to how (and boy did I search thru about 40 pages looking lol):

Customers cannot create their own account. An application is sent via hardcopy and approved by my boss.

I go in as an admin and create their account.

This is fine except for the occasional know it all who goes in and creates their own account anyway even though I have the "create an account" link removed from the main page.

ANy mods/suggestions?

If you have removed all the links to the create account page just go ahead and rename or remove the create_account.php file.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If you have removed all the links to the create account page just go ahead and rename or remove the create_account.php file.

Removing the create account link is of course one thing but somehow, someway the new customer needs to know that they need to send in a hardcopy application so it can be made by the company. So removing the link it in my opinion is the wrong thing to do. Exchanging it for a link to a file to a page where it says that this pdf file needs to be filled out and sent out to the company address works better.

Just my thoughts.

Regards

Richard

:thumbsup:

So.... rename create_account.php to create_account.php.bak and create your own create_account.php that tells them to send in the fax or whatever it is that you have to have.

Sounds like you're off to a fun start . . .

-jared

even better i believe it is wise to keep but customiz the create account page(s) and put a "print form" button instead of "continue" or "create account". this way the customer has entered/typed in the required information the exact way you want it and they print it out, sign it and send the hard copy to you for approval and the rest.

advatages of this method:

- you don't have to re-enter the customer details again as they have already done so! all you have to do then is to activate their account in admin!

- time saved as you don't have to send the customer the forms and wait for them to send them back

- paper and print cost saving as the customer does it himself!

enjoy.

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

Archived