• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing osCommerce logo

grahamba

I am a rookie - first post, so go easy on me!

I am trying to change the osCommerce logo that was appearing on all of the pages of my store to one for my company. I read in one of the post that an easy way to do this was to create a new logo named 'oscommerce.gif' and replace the existing one. So, I did that and it worked fine, except for one thing. Now when I access a page for the first time it prompts me for my username and password (the windows box prompt) and the new logo won't appear until I have entered them. I loaded the logo using the upload feature of the admin tool, which I've heard can be a problem. What is a good alternative to this and how can I fix my problem now that I've created it?

Thanks for any help!

I am a rookie - first post, so go easy on me!

I am trying to change the osCommerce logo that was appearing on all of the pages of my store to one for my company.  I read in one of the post that an easy way to do this was to create a new logo named 'oscommerce.gif' and replace the existing one.  So, I did that and it worked fine, except for one thing.  Now when I access a page for the first time it prompts me for my username and password (the windows box prompt) and the new logo won't appear until I have entered them.  I loaded the logo using the upload feature of the admin tool, which I've heard can be a problem.  What is a good alternative to this and how can I fix my problem now that I've created it?

Thanks for any help!

You could try dowloading some FTP software to transfer your files something like WS_FTP, try Google.

Its sounds like your error is an access rights problem with your server, do you have a Cpanel for your hosting account? If so you could check to see if the the page has been password protected.

I'm pretty new to osc too, and am not really sure what your problem is but it might help a little.

Cheers, J

Archived