• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Strange Errors

bobg7

This started last night and has me baffled, hoping someone here may be able to help me out with this.

Got an email that one of my customers was getting a Page Not Found when logging in. When I looked in Admin, it showed them logged in as well as 5 or 6 Guests.

When I tried to login to my test account, I get this error " Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password." but it is a valid account and showes me logged in in the admin panel.

When I tried to creat a new account, I entered all the information and got a Page Not Found but the account is created.

If I try to make an order, I click on the 'add to the cart' button and get a page not found, but the item is added to the cart. Click the Check Out button and also get a page not found.

I tried making a few changes in the Admin Panel and when I hit Update, I get a Page Not Found, but when I go back to the main menu (blue panel) and go back in, the changes have been made.

I contacted the webhist to see if anything was going on with the SQL server, they checked it, bound no errors but stopped and started it anyways but the errors continue. There suggestion was to re-install osCommerce and restore everything which I did.

I first deleted everything, including the database, recreated the database and did a fresh install of osCommerce

Unfortunatly it did not solve the issue.

I restored the SQL database from a backup I made on Friday and also uploaded all the changes I had made via Dreamweaver MX (I had downloaded the entire site prior to when this issue started).

Unfortunatly it did not solve the issue.

I do not have SSL and it is set to false in both the configure.php files.

I'm about at my wit's end and need help figuring out what the heck is going on.

Please, if anyone can help, the URL is My Webpage

I created a test account if you want to try it out, email is [email protected], password is test

Thanks in advance,

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

It looks as though there is something wrong with your configure.php files. When I click on 'Your Account' I get a 'cannot find server' error.

Has your web hosting company performed any upgrades recently? Many companies are now moving from old versions of RedHat (no longer supported with security updates) to the new RedHat Enterprise Linux system, or to the new RedHat Fedora system. A change to RedHat Enterprise Linux involves changing 'localhost' in your config files to '127.0.0.1' (don't know about Redhat Fedora).

Check with your hosting company and see what they say.

If you have to reinstall again do so via FTP and use a plain text editor for changing files. Do not use Dreamweaver MX.

Vger

WHOOOOOO

It's back to "normal", I emailed the webhost explaining the problem, went to the Poll's (Did you vote today?) and did a few other things. When I got back I had an email from my webhost that they had booted the server(s).

To make a long story short, my site was back to normal, other than having to reset a few configuration items, it's good to go.

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes to these forums, without the help and support here, so many of us would be lost.

Bob G.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Archived