• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Splitting Card Number

acoyne

Hello all,

Is it possible to get the middle eight digits of the credit card number in the first email with the rest of the order details. I've checked the contributions but can't find any.

Cheers

Alan

split credit cards is a function already built in, read thru the credit card module installed. also install it in the store admin and edit it.

split credit cards is a function already built in, read thru the credit card module installed.  also install it in the store admin and edit it.

Thanks for your reply.

I know it's built in. However my client just does not want 2 emails,

1 with the order details and the other with the 8 digits. He just wants 1 email with the order and the 8 digits combined.

then that does away with the ssl functionality and protecting the customer's information. what was the site again? make sure i dont buy there! lol

I agree, I hate to get 2 e-mails. The e-mail going to the admin should contain all the order info, not just a dupe of what the customer gets.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

then that does away with the ssl functionality and protecting the customer's information.  what was the site again? make sure i dont buy there! lol

But the first email with the order details does not have the outer eight digits?

Seems to me theres no security disadvantage here, your just getting 1 email instead of 2????

I am on a secure server. And in 7 years, I have never had a problem with credit card or customer info theft. No myself, or any customers of ours.

And today, just about every credit card company and bank offers fraud protection as well. I do not worry about that one bit. I even changed the code so that ALL the credit card or check info is sent to me by e-mail, not just a few of the numbers.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I do not worry about that one bit. I even changed the code so that ALL the credit card or check info is sent to me by e-mail, not just a few of the numbers.

I hate to sound sarcastic or cynical but now that you told "the world" on a public forum...

I guess I'm simply very paranoid.

Robert

Archived