• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Guidelines to create Contri - New2PHP - Good at C

syed

Good Day members,

I'm new to PHP and osCommerce, got sufficient knowledge in them, but I can't say expertise. I worked with live few projects on PHP and osC. I've good knowledge and experience in C/C++ programming.

I wish to create a contribution for osC. Can anybody give some guidelines about creating a contribution(in general)?

Thank you.

:) :)

Syed.

there are guidelines in the forum for writing a contribution.

in a nutshell, no hidden code/links.

it must be able to be installed on an unmodified version of oscommerce with ease.

all proper documentation of what it does.

i will stop there, as i dont want to quote something wrong. search the knowledge base and also the thread on contributions.

in a nutshell, no hidden code/links.

Put what ever you want in the contribution, it has to be GPL is all and not encrypted, (GPL Does not prohibit the encryption, yuou just have to supply the source code if asked for it)

it must be able to be installed on an unmodified version of oscommerce with ease.

No, it just needs to be designed to be used for an unmodified oscommerce version. Ease of installation plays no part in this, but harder to use === not as many people will use it.....

all proper documentation of what it does.

Supply what you can, you do not have to write a complete documentation on the work, but if people do not know what it does or how to install it, it is not of much value....

There is another thread on the topic

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115157

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived