• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I modify php.ini?

trademark2005

It depends on your host. Usually, from my experience at least, you don't have access to it. Contact your host and ask them if they will make a change for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I encountered such problem:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 554 sorry, sender mail address must correspond to local mail domain (#5.7.1) in MYWEBHOSTING\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at MYWEBHOSTING\admin\includes\classes\email.php:500) in MYWEBHOSTING\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 18

The general.php asks me to make modifications to php.ini.

What do I have to do next?

with what i see, you are using windows for your host. thus you need to change in the admin area, configuration, email settings to smtp and crlf( you will see what i mean when you get into admin).

somethings it helps to know what os you are on.

if you have access to it, go to the windows directory and you can change the php.ini, however if you are being hosted somewhere, very doubtful

I have website hosted on a hosting company. They are using Win2000 servers.

In that case, do I have to write to that com to modify php.ini. It seems not so convenient...because I am not sure if I will make more modifications later.

Any more guestions? Thanks

modify the portion in the store i stated. you never mentioned in your initial post what you wnated to do.

just do that portion and see what happens.

could be your smtp server isnt working properly.

by default, osCommerce comes with mail set to sendmail and lf, thus if it never changed, is this a version installed by your host?

Archived