• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving site up a directory/subdirectory

angula

What is the best way to move a site from a mydomain.com/oscommerce to just mydomain.com?

Would the process be moving the physical files and then changing the config files to reflect the new directory?

What is the best way to move a site from a mydomain.com/oscommerce to just mydomain.com?

Would the process be moving the physical files and then changing the config files to reflect the new directory?

All you need to do is move your files up to your root directory and then change your two configure.php files to reflect the new location. Basically all you would need to do is remove the /oscommerce from the paths.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Can anyone help with this? Or is it even necessary? Does anyone have an example of HTML that, when inserted into my site's index.html, will redirect to my shop URL?

Thanks.

I did this the other day.

I downloaded my catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php from my server and edited all references to /catalog/... and removed the /catalog/ bit so that it referred to the root folder.

I then copied on my server everything from the catalog folder to the root, keeping the folder structure and then uploaded the 2 configure files to their respective folders.

Had a problem initially with the admin security, but that was my own fault as I got stuff mixed up. I secured my admin using a .cgi script called deadbolt.cgi, (brill little script).

HTH

Archived