• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

page layout design?

knifeman

Hi everyone.

I am wanting to open a new site and use this shopping cart. Currently I am using paypal buttons at myknifestore.com so I am really new to shopping carts. What I need to know is how the cart takes over the design of my site. If I use oscommerce will it make my site look like this live shop (http://www.oscommerce.com/shops/goto,2282) ? I have visited a lot of sites with shopping carts and many of them have a very similiar look with regards to link positions, category layout and the whole page layout. Is this done by the cart or would I still have to create my html pages and include code to show shopping cart links and items?

Tim

It just depends on how much money you want to throw at it.

A free shopping cart does attract people that may be start up cash poor, and therefore probably will not make many changes to the appearance of the site due to cash restrictions.

But in your travels you would have come across shops that have had a lot of work done, and may not be recognisable as osCommerce sites. Money Talks

Regards

Day

Thanks for the replies. Evidently I mislead you. I must have given the impression that I wanted to keep my current design and that is not the case. I actually would like to switch to an overall style like sword trader has. As I read through this forum, I am getting the impression that this is default when I set up oscommerce and then I can change whatever I want to be different.

Archived