• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove credit card payment system

NewbyRob

I would like to remove the ability to pay by credit from the shop. I would instead prefer people to be able to add items to the cart, and when they check out have there order details emailed to me. I can then ring them back and do the transactions over the telephone, and this also allows me to check stock and make alternative recomendations

Any ideas how i might do this?

Thanks

Rob

I haven't seen a module or contribution for this,

so I "think" you can do it this way:-

In your Admin Payment modules, disable the credit card option and enable the cash on delivery option only.

Edit the auto e:mail to suit etc so it doesn't say cash on delivery

Change the text at checkout to show telephone credit card transaction or something like that instead of cash on delivery.

Your customer will then be able to complete the checkout process without paying.

You will both still receive order confirmations etc, and you can then update their order status as normal.

Probably other ways to do it, but worth a try

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

I haven't seen a module or contribution for this,

so I "think" you can do it this way:-

In your Admin Payment modules, disable the credit card option and enable the cash on delivery option only.

Edit the auto e:mail to suit etc so it doesn't say cash on delivery

Change the text at checkout to show telephone credit card transaction or something like that instead of cash on delivery.

Your customer will then be able to complete the checkout process without paying.

You will both still receive order confirmations etc, and you can then update their order status as normal.

Probably other ways to do it, but worth a try

Julian

Another idea might be (since you want to do this by phone? correct??)

is to install the Free Call for Price contribution, and then disable the other payment modual for credit cards, and follow the above.

Archived