• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

I can't find where the "STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS" is defined. I am trying to change the email addresses that some of the stores emails get sent from, such as orders ([email protected]) and returns ([email protected]).

Or if someone has an easy way to change a line such as this;

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS , EMAIL_SUBJECT_ADMIN .' #' . $rma_value, nl2br($email_text), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS); so that the email is from a different email address.

Thanks,

Peter

only place i could find is in the my store area, where that is stored in the configuration portion of the database.

line 67 of the oscommerce.sql file sets it up initially:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('E-Mail Address', 'STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS', 'root@localhost', 'The e-mail address of my store owner', '1', '3', now());

?

Hi Peter,

Should be My Store in admin like Mibble said unless it has been specifically hardcoded somewhere.

Where is it showing and you want it changed ?

Your online success is Paramount.

Emmett,

I know it is hard coded into the pages but in pages and set in the Admin. But when creating an account the email is sent from the address [email protected] (as set in the admin) but when an order is placed it also comes from [email protected] and when a customer wants to return a product it comes from [email protected].

In my modified contact us page I have seperate departments set up for Returns ([email protected]), Customer Service ([email protected]), etc. As set up now depending on how the customer contacts us they will either receive an email from [email protected] or [email protected] both regarding the same topic and department.

What I want to do is have all the emails regarding returns go through the same department email address ([email protected]) regardless of how the customer contacts us (either through the RMA contribution or the contact us form).

This way all related emails can be catagorized in Outlook all directed to the appropriate Inbox when they are received.

From what Mibble said if I change a line such as

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS , EMAIL_SUBJECT_ADMIN .' #' . $rma_value, nl2br($email_text), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to;

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_RETURN_EMAIL_ADDRESS , EMAIL_SUBJECT_ADMIN .' #' . $rma_value, nl2br($email_text), STORE_OWNER, STORE_RETURN_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

and make the appropriate addition to the DB it should work, ie the email would be sent from [email protected] instead of [email protected].

Peter

• 3 months later...

Hey Guyes try this, for me it is working :D

1. Login to phpMyAdmin go to table "configuration" and browse it. With "configuration_id" 3 there is "E-Mail Address STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS [email protected] The e-mail address of my store owner 1 3 2005-02-01

06:28:26 2005-01-30 19:11:37 NULL NULL " practically this is the email that contact_us.php uses to send emails.

What you have to do is to click "insert a new row" button and create an new row. You can simply copy the information from row number 3 (E-Mail Address), there are only two field you need to modify:

- STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS -> TEST_EMAIL_ADDRESS in "configuration_key".

- In "configuration_value" field you have to put the actual email address [email protected] i.e.

You have to put on sort_order the same value as on configuration_id field, for configuration_group_id

choose 0.

These are the changes in MySQL database.

2. Rename the file contact_us.php to contact_us_test.php

- go to line 24 " tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);" and change STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS to be TEST_EMAIL_ADDRESS as follow:

"tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, TEST_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);"

3.Now you have replace "FILENAME_CONTACT_US" to be "FILENAME_CONTACT_US_TEST" on lines

26, 34, 58 but not on line 15 because it is for language section.

So far you should save the changes in contact_us_test.php file.

4. Now open filenames.php (it's located in catalog/includes) on line 33 there is "define('FILENAME_CONTACT_US', 'contact_us.php');", you should put a line

define('FILENAME_CONTACT_US_TEST ', 'contact_us_test.php');

Save the changes in filenames.php

Now you have to upload all modified files.(contact_us_test.php ->/catalog and filenames->catalog/includes)

5. Go to address yourdomain.com/catalog/contact_us_test.php (direction can be different for you, it depends on the folder you have installed oscommerce)

Now formail will send messages to [email protected]

Thants all folks, enjoy it :thumbsup:

Archived