• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

.co.uk to .com - is it as easy as this.......?

gold682

I have a .com site, which until recently was a live site using .html pages. I have converted the site to oscommerce and used the .co.uk name equilvalent to build this oscom site in parallel. Now it is working fine, I have switched off my old static .com site and pointeed it to my new oscomm site , installed using .co.uk as the web address.

Now, what I want to do is change the .co.uk to the .com as the web address ,for example if you hover over any of the links in the Information box, about us, contact etc, it shows as www.mywebsite.co.uk. I want it to show as www.mywebsite.com.

I think what I need to do is run the Install routine again and declare the Web Address as the .com version insted of the .co.uk. Is this correct. Is there anything else I need to do or watch out for. I will obviously backup everything, including the d/base (I will of cource untick the import sample database)

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

No need to do that. Just change the two configure.php files which are located:

/includes/configure.php

admin/includes/configure.php

Where-ever it says yourdomain.co.uk, change it to yourdomain.com

Save them. Upload them.

Done.

No need to do that.  Just change the two configure.php files which are located:

/includes/configure.php

admin/includes/configure.php

Where-ever it says yourdomain.co.uk, change it to yourdomain.com

Save them.  Upload them.

Done.

Thanks BURT. :D Was hping there would be an easy way without the "danger" of running the install procedure again. - Cheers Paul

Archived