• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I must be a moron -- how do you change...

franticstamper

:'( I must be a total moron... cuz I can't figure anything out.

My local ISP guy found oscommerce for me and I like it, but I'm trying to set it up and I have come across several road blocks. I'm NOT computer savy at all, but come on..... I ought to be able to figure this out if all you guys can!!

So, my first questions is: How do I replace the osCommerce banner at the top with my OWN banner.

I tried going into "banner manager" and it gives me an error when I try to load my banner.

Next question:

Now do I change the stupid text on the first page of my site where it says "this is the default setup of osCommerce blah blah blah...."

I tried going into the languages/english etc file that everyone keeps refering to, but it won't let me edit it. I can't type anything in any of those files....

HELP!!!

(man I feel stupid).... maybe I need to pay someone to do this.

:'(  I must be a total moron... cuz I can't figure anything out.

My local ISP guy found oscommerce for me and I like it, but I'm trying to set it up and I have come across several road blocks.  I'm NOT computer savy at all, but come on..... I ought to be able to figure this out if all you guys can!!

So, my first questions is:  How do I replace the osCommerce banner at the top with my OWN banner. 

I tried going into "banner manager" and it gives me an error when I try to load my banner.

Next question:

Now do I change the stupid text on the first page of my site where it says "this is the default setup of osCommerce blah blah blah...."

I tried going into the languages/english etc file that everyone keeps refering to, but it won't let me edit it.  I can't type anything in any of those files....

HELP!!!

(man I feel stupid).... maybe I need to pay someone to do this.

Read this... http://www.oscommerce.info/

Hey don't cry,

If I can figure it out anyone can! well I haven't quite figured it out but by searching through the posts on this forum I have found the solutions to many of the problems I had setting up. You just need to be patient with your self. go and look at some of the working sites then come back here and search for the answers.

Kay

Archived