The e-commerce.

Protx VSP Direct - MS2.2 Support

networkdad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello People,

We have recently changed from using the "protx form" contribution to the "protx direct" contribution for oscommerce on our website here www.voipon.co.uk. The contribution in use is attached and can also be seen here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ll/search,protx

Protx direct has caused the following problem.

The VAT of the shipping cost is not being sent to protx and hence not being charged to peoples credit cards. However, oscommerce is showing the charge to the custmer both onscreen and in the order email. Please see the following example:

Products

------------------------------------------------------

3 x Power over Ethernet Converter () = ?44.97

Sub-Total: ?44.97

Express Deliveries (Shipping to GB): ?6.98 VAT 17.5%: ?9.09

Total: ?61.04

However when logging into VSP Admin, ?59.82 is being charged to the card and not the full ?61.04. This shows a difference of ?1.22 which is the equivelent to 17.5% of the shipping cost:

17.5 / 100 x 6.98 = 1.22

?1.22 + ?59.82 = ?61.04

This is obviously causing us problems and lost revenue especially if the shipping costs are high. There is not that much code in the contribution and im sure someone with a programming background could spot the problem if they had a look at the data being fed to protx.

Cheers

Hi,

That sounds exactly the problem i have had, i recently cured it though im not 100% this was the cure as i did other things before trying this but it seemed to be this that cured it

un-install the protx contribution in the admin screen also any other payment provider you have (REMEMBER TO BACK UP LOGGING IN INFORMATION) also make an entire backup of the web site first & DATABASE if possible

also uninstall the shipping modules in the admin screen

then re-install the shipping modules you use & then the protx payment provider contribution!

Let me know if that works for you!

Brian

Hello People,

We have recently changed from using the "protx form" contribution to the "protx direct" contribution for oscommerce on our website here www.voipon.co.uk. The contribution in use is attached and can also be seen here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ll/search,protx

Protx direct has caused the following problem.

The VAT of the shipping cost is not being sent to protx and hence not being charged to peoples credit cards. However, oscommerce is showing the charge to the custmer both onscreen and in the order email. Please see the following example:

Products

3 x Power over Ethernet Converter () = ?44.97

Sub-Total: ?44.97

Express Deliveries (Shipping to GB): ?6.98 VAT 17.5%: ?9.09

Total: ?61.04

However when logging into VSP Admin, ?59.82 is being charged to the card and not the full ?61.04. This shows a difference of ?1.22 which is the equivelent to 17.5% of the shipping cost:

17.5 / 100 x 6.98 = 1.22

?1.22 + ?59.82 = ?61.04

This is obviously causing us problems and lost revenue especially if the shipping costs are high. There is not that much code in the contribution and im sure someone with a programming background could spot the problem if they had a look at the data being fed to protx.

Cheers

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response, i followed your instructions but it did not work...still getting 17.5% less of the VAT on the shipping :( Any other suggestions?

I assume yours works ok then?

Thanks,

Edited by AlecUK

Yes it did,

but i did other things before it which is why i said i couldnt be 100% sure.

just try 1 shipping option uninstall the others

& 1 payment module unintall any others.

failing that

i would try deleting the relevant contribution ie protx direct!

then getting a clean copy of the oscommerce website!

reason i say this is i look all over to see were it got the information to post to protx! now the fact it is ok in oscommerce website but its is only the posting to protx that has an incorrect amount

btw not sure if your still posting then checking protx website admin for the amount sent?if you are just change it to the show ip test this will show you the information normally posted to protx! including the amount its quicker for finding out if it is fixed or not!

also have you put in a contribution that gives you a button to switch on & off showing the TAX?

if so i am starting to suspect that the 2 contributions are causing an issue.

let me know how you get on.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response, i followed your instructions but it did not work...still getting 17.5% less of the VAT on the shipping :( Any other suggestions?

I assume yours works ok then?

Thanks,

Hello all,

Having performed in 'Test' mode successfully I contacted Protx and they changed my site to 'Live' and advised of that accordingly. I switched my site to 'Live Mode' via the osCommerce admin.

When it was in test mode all the transactions were going through fine. Now (in 'Live' mode) when I put my real debit card details through I get the following error from Protx:

"Internal error/ Couldn't create a local transaction. Your credit card could not be authorised for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further information."

Any ideas what the problem could be?

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Nagsy

• 4 weeks later...
I've just got my direct account open with Protx, is this the best contribution to use? Do protx not supply one?

Hi there,

The fast answer is... it depends, read the info on the protx site. and decide if you want the processing of the card transaction to take place on your site. This module allows you to process the transaction within oscommerce, rather than take the customer off site. In order to do this, there are some requirements however....

1) Curl to be compiled correctly into php (look at server info in administration)

2) 128bit SSL encryption for the checkout process

I've literally just finished the install now - it all went smoothly, apart from me not realising you need to add the server ip address into the protx admin control panel.

Thanks to the guys who put the work in developing this excellent module! :D

Harv

Have been using protx form successfully for the pat 6 months, but wanted to use this prot direct module as I think it looks more profesional on my site

The poroblem I am having is as follows

have the credit class and gift voucher contribution installed and the incorrect order total is being sent to protx

for example

goods value =?100.00

with a 10% discount coupon

order total is now ?90.00

ie ?100.00 - 10%

The correct order total is diaplayed on both checkout_payment.php and checkout_confirmation.php, also the correct total show in the admin section when viewing orders

but when it is submitted to protx the original amount is sent ?100

have tested with protx form and cheque payment modules and both use the correct amount

looking at protx_direct.php and the amount is created in the array sent to protx by the following line as follows

Amount => number_format($order->info['total'], 2),

Any pointers, help would be appreciated to fix this problem

Thanks in advance

regards

Chris

Have been using protx form successfully for the pat 6 months, but wanted to use this prot direct module as I think it looks more profesional on my site

The poroblem I am having is as follows

have the credit class and gift voucher contribution installed and the incorrect order total is being sent to protx

for example

goods value =?100.00

with a 10% discount coupon

order total is now ?90.00

ie ?100.00 - 10%

The correct order total is diaplayed on both checkout_payment.php and checkout_confirmation.php, also the correct total show in the admin section when viewing orders

but when it is submitted to protx the original amount is sent ?100

have tested with protx form and cheque payment modules and both use the correct amount

looking at protx_direct.php and the amount is created in the array sent to protx by the following line as follows

Amount => number_format($order->info['total'], 2),

Any pointers, help would be appreciated to fix this problem

Thanks in advance

regards

Chris

Just to let you know I have managed to fix the above protx problem, basically protx function was being called to early in the check out process

fix below

in /catalog/checkout_process.php

find

$payment_modules->before_process();

and comment it out as follows

//  $payment_modules->before_process();

Find

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $sql_data_array);
 $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

and insert the following code directly below

// $payment_modules->before_process();
if(MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_STATUS) {
$payment_modules->before_process();
}

I think this fix will also solve the vat problems some users have reported

But beware this will only work if protx direct is the only payment method you are using,

if you have more than one payment module you will have to call it with a direct statement inserted near the original $payment_modules->before_process();

regards

Chris

Edited by symbolism

Hi,

i know this may be a silly question but i need some help in testing payments through protx.

I have installed the module but everytime i install it within the admin panel it appears on the main live site even though i have now copied the entire site to another directory called 'test'...but of course the config files are still pointing to the live sites path.

how do i test protx?

i didn't want to take down the main site but i don't know how else to do it.

please help...

Hi,

i know this may be a silly question but i need some help in testing payments through protx.

I have installed the module but everytime i install it within the admin panel it appears on the main live site even though i have now copied the entire site to another directory called 'test'...but of course the config files are still pointing to the live sites path.

how do i test protx?

i didn't want to take down the main site but i don't know how else to do it.

please help...

when you say it appears on the live site do you mean the module? or that the payment goes to protx live?

if its the latter:

in the admin section of protx module you have 3 radio buttons to select were the posted message goes ie a debug show post (shows you the message posted to protx) test which goes to protx test server & of course live.

let me know if you need further help

also some more information just to clarify the above.

Brian

hi, thanks for the reply.

basically i want to know how to test the transactions.

the module appears in the admin panel but once i activate it of course it appears on the live site...so i just wanted a way to test without the protx option being shown on the live site...but i don't think there is a way is there?...without putting up a temporary 'down for maintenance' page?

i am also a little unsure about what settings to add:

Enable Protx Form Module: YES

Merchant ID: VENDOR NAME

Password: PROTX ENCRYPTION PASSWORD

Transaction Currency: GBP

Payment Zone:

Set Order Status:

Sort Order of Display:

Test Mode: YES

Use Pre-Authorisation: NO

Shopping Cart:

do i need to do anything else other than test the test credit card info through the site??

thanks fo rany help.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running this in Test Mode and everything has worked fine. However, before I apply for it to go to Production mode then I need to find out one thing.

At present, in osC admin --> Payment Modules --> Protx Direct, there is an entry for Client Number, which is currently set to 1. What does this refer to? Is it:

1. Simply a 1, 2 , 3 type of listing for when clients have more than one shop?

2. Something else, like the Merchant ID or an ID supplied by Protx (which I've missed).

I'm used to HSBC e-Secure and Barclays' ePDQ but this is my first Protx install. So far - very good, very easy to implement - just need the answer to this one question.

Many Thanks - Vger

I'm running this in Test Mode and everything has worked fine. However, before I apply for it to go to Production mode then I need to find out one thing.

At present, in osC admin --> Payment Modules --> Protx Direct, there is an entry for Client Number, which is currently set to 1. What does this refer to? Is it:

1. Simply a 1, 2 , 3 type of listing for when clients have more than one shop?

2. Something else, like the Merchant ID or an ID supplied by Protx (which I've missed).

I'm used to HSBC e-Secure and Barclays' ePDQ but this is my first Protx install. So far - very good, very easy to implement - just need the answer to this one question.

Many Thanks - Vger

Hi Vger,

I believe you can ignore the client number - I have the integration documents for vsp protocol 2.22 (the latest) and they do not use this with this version so I think it is an obsolete feature.

Protx are aiming to launch 3D-secure for VSP direct around april time and i am keen to implement this for my shop so I am currently updating the contribution to v2.22 (from v2.20 protocol) in anticipation.

HTH,

Tom

Yes, looks like our lines got crossed because I've just released an updated version of the previous module, called Protx Direct v2.0. Unfortunately I have only now just found out on a working shop why the javascript pop-up was removed from the includes/modules/payment/ level file - because it causes a 'Headers Already Sent' error. I will update this today to a simple html link. It's not elegant, but it keeps the functionality of the CVV Help page.

Vger

I have just uploaded an update to the module. This combines Vger's changes and also updates the module to Protx's protocol v2.22. This will allow easier integration of 3D-Secure when it is launched (I'm told April 2006 by PRotx).

I also found there were problems with the module correctly storing the customer_id & order_id in the protx_direct table that I've fixed - I plan to use this to build in functions to release/repeat/refund payments etc via osCommerce admin.

Any probs let me know,

Tom

Could one of you possibly explain what this excactly does:

Enable Database Storage

Do you want to save the gateway data to the database? (Note: You must add a table first)

And where is the description of the table mentioned?

Storing the data sent to Protx is a security risk (as far as I am aware it includes the credit card details), and for this reason you should not do it.

Protx provides full details of the order on their website.

This payment method is very stable, and as long as the card transaction is processed you will get the order details added to your database, and they will appear in your osCommerce admin panel under Customers --> Orders.

Vger

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I have installed this module and all i am getting is this in server IP test mode so I can generate some test purchases b4 live... (all works in test mode):

Contents of the Request Object

The Request.Form Collection

VPSProtocol = 2.22

Basket = 2:Citroflavonoid:1:75:0.00:75.00:75.00:Shipping:1:5.00:----:5.00:5.00

TxType = PAYMENT

ECI =

ClientIPAddress =

etc... on the checkout_process.php page???

I have the site set to True for Direct Method

version 2.22

correctvendor name

and set to server Ip test ( my ip's are set in protx control panel)

Auth type = Payment

debug is False

etc...

Any help truly appreciated

Ian

Forgot to mention that the server is a dedicated with a static IP for the SSL cert for the site.

Also I note there is no where to put the Admin encrypted password given and used when using the form method?

ta

Edited by ianraba

Hi all

I have installed this module and all i am getting is this in server IP test mode so I can generate some test purchases b4 live... (all works in test mode):

Contents of the Request Object

The Request.Form Collection

VPSProtocol = 2.22

Basket = 2:Citroflavonoid:1:75:0.00:75.00:75.00:Shipping:1:5.00:----:5.00:5.00

TxType = PAYMENT

ECI =

ClientIPAddress =

etc... on the checkout_process.php page???

I have the site set to True for Direct Method

version 2.22

correctvendor name

and set to server Ip test ( my ip's are set in protx control panel)

Auth type = Payment

debug is False

etc...

Any help truly appreciated

Ian

Forgot to mention that the server is a dedicated with a static IP for the SSL cert for the site.

Also I note there is no where to put the Admin encrypted password given and used when using the form method?

ta

Hi,

What you are describing is the intended behaviour - Server IP Test is purely a debug mode not a testing mode. If you want to test transactions change Transaction mode to 'Test' or for normal use change to 'Production'.

HTH,

Tom