• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx VSP Direct - MS2.2 Support

networkdad

I have installed everything as per instructions and enabled/configured the payment module through OSc admin.

When I get to checkout_payment.php there is no option for the new module?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeremy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have installed everything as per instructions and enabled/configured the payment module through OSc admin.

When I get to checkout_payment.php there is no option for the new module?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

It's a little difficult to diagnose this problem without seeing your site/admin section, all I can suggest is to check your database (using phpMyAdmin or similar) and looking at the configuration table find the "Installed Modules" entry [MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED] and make sure protx_direct.php is in there.

Feel free to email me if you have any problems (seb.grant at gmail dot com)

Sebastian

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed protx direct and everything looks and works fione until I click on confirm order when I get the following:

Contents of the Request Object 

The Request.Form Collection
VPSProtocol = 2.20
TxType = PAYMENT
Vendor = XXXXXX
VendorTxCode = 2989XXXXX1664584
CardHolder = Reader
Amount = 7.49
Description = Microsoft Trekker Mouse With Scroll Wheel(qty: 1) 
CV2 = XXX
Address = 44 Eardley Road
Currency = GBP
StartDate = 0105
ExpiryDate = XXXX
IssueNumber = 
PostCode = XXXX XXX
ClientNumber = 1
CardNumber = XXXXXXXXXXXX
CardType = DELTA

The Request.QueryString Collection

The Request.Cookies Collection

The Request.ClientCertificate Collection

The Request.ServerVariables Collection

ALL_HTTP = HTTP_ACCEPT:*/* HTTP_HOST:ukvpstest.protx.com HTTP_PRAGMA:no-cache HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH:342 HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE:application/x-www-form-urlencoded 
ALL_RAW = Accept: */* Host: ukvpstest.protx.com Pragma: no-cache Content-Length: 342 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded 
APPL_MD_PATH = /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/ShowPost
APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH = d:\ShowPost\
AUTH_PASSWORD = 
AUTH_TYPE = 
AUTH_USER = 
CERT_COOKIE = 
CERT_FLAGS = 
CERT_ISSUER = 
CERT_KEYSIZE = XXX
CERT_SECRETKEYSIZE = XXXX
CERT_SERIALNUMBER = 
CERT_SERVER_ISSUER = O=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
CERT_SERVER_SUBJECT = C=GB, S=London, L=London, O=PROTX Ltd., OU=Service Department, OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa (c) 03, OU=Authenticated by VeriSign, OU="Member, VeriSign Trust Network", CN=ukvpstest.protx.com
CERT_SUBJECT = 
CONTENT_LENGTH = 342
CONTENT_TYPE = application/x-www-form-urlencoded
GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
HTTPS = on
HTTPS_KEYSIZE = XXX
HTTPS_SECRETKEYSIZE = XXXX
HTTPS_SERVER_ISSUER = O=VeriSign Trust Network, OU="VeriSign, Inc.", OU=VeriSign International Server CA - Class 3, OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign
HTTPS_SERVER_SUBJECT = C=GB, S=London, L=London, O=PROTX Ltd., OU=Service Department, OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa (c) 03, OU=Authenticated by VeriSign, OU="Member, VeriSign Trust Network", CN=ukvpstest.protx.com
INSTANCE_ID = 1
INSTANCE_META_PATH = /LM/W3SVC/1
LOCAL_ADDR = 10.0.4.1
LOGON_USER = 
PATH_INFO = /showpost/showpost.asp
PATH_TRANSLATED = d:\ShowPost\showpost.asp
QUERY_STRING = 
REMOTE_ADDR = 83.223.99.190
REMOTE_HOST = 83.223.99.190
REMOTE_USER = 
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
SCRIPT_NAME = /showpost/showpost.asp
SERVER_NAME = ukvpstest.protx.com
SERVER_PORT = 443
SERVER_PORT_SECURE = 1
SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE = Microsoft-IIS/4.0
URL = /showpost/showpost.asp
HTTP_ACCEPT = */*
HTTP_HOST = ukvpstest.protx.com
HTTP_PRAGMA = no-cache
HTTP_CONTENT_LENGTH = 342
HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE = application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Property Values
Request.TotalBytes = 342

VPSProtocol=2.20&TxType=PAYMENT&Vendor=XXXXXX&VendorTxCode=298XXXXX4584&Amount=7.49&Currency=GBP&Description=Microsoft+Trekker+Mouse+With+Scroll+Wheel%28qty%3A+1%29+&ClientNumber=1&CardHolder=XXXXXXX&CardNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&StartDate=0105&ExpiryDate=XXXX&IssueNumber=&CV2=XXX&CardType=DELTA&Address=XX+Eardley+Road&PostCode=XXXX+XXX

I have the module set to server IP test as I have not yet got my live account running. Can anyone tell me what this means I have done wrong?

Chris - The debug option is not ticked in admin

Jason - I have a simulator account setup with protx but it didn't seem to comunicate with that at all and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas?

sent you PM

Hi Jason

I have protx direct installed and ive noticed some problems when customers input either wrong card details or forget to fill out a form field.

There are error messages for wrong card number but not for all the fields.

I do get the error in the url however and can see this from 'who's online' option in admin panel.

Do you know how to capture these errors from the url and output as an error message to the customer on the payment page?

thanks

mark

most of my problems were doen to a dodgy php/curl/openssl implementation. This is now fixed and the script is working fine. I am having problems with the new maestro card numbers however. Jason is looking into it.

JR

most of my problems were doen to a dodgy php/curl/openssl implementation. This is now fixed and the script is working fine. I am having problems with the new maestro card numbers however. Jason is looking into it.

JR

FYI

I too am having problems with accepting Maestro numbers. Apart from that it all appears fine.

Edited by toasty

I've installed the protx direct module, with cURL on the server, account all fine etc...

When I put in a credit card on the site I get this error:

"Credit Card Error!"

.. and that's it. :?

The only pertintent information I can imagine would help is I have the following settings:

Transaction Mode

Test

Authorization Type

Authorize

Enable Database Storage

False

... any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this module installed and working for several weeks now and all is well. Except for one small problem:

I have had some customer trying to use cards with no start date on their card, and they do not know what to do as you cannot leave this field blank. It default to January 2001 and you cannot remove it.

Is there a fix for this, or does anyone have any suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am considering using Protx Direct for an internet merchant account that I have. I have a fixed IP address and my web host has Curl compiled into PHP.

I understand that I need to get an integration kit from Protx before I can try out this contribution - but I have also read in this thread that the kit is not necessary.

I'm a bit unsure now what I need to do to get this contribution going. Is the integration kit needed. Can you let me know what this involves in terms of its implementation - I need to check out with my web host if they will be ok with its installation.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi

I am considering using Protx Direct for an internet merchant account that I have. I have a fixed IP address and my web host has Curl compiled into PHP.

I understand that I need to get an integration kit from Protx before I can try out this contribution - but I have also read in this thread that the kit is not necessary.

I'm a bit unsure now what I need to do to get this contribution going. Is the integration kit needed. Can you let me know what this involves in terms of its implementation - I need to check out with my web host if they will be ok with its installation.

Thanks

Andrew

You certainly don't need the integration kit. You will need to have applied for the account with Protx, once complete and approved they will provide the test server settings for you to use while you test the script.

One thing you will need to check with your host is that they have curl/php/openssl compiled together.

JR

• 2 weeks later...
sent you PM

Hi Jason

Using the Protx Direct Module, I noticed only the Error Message Title is being captured and output to the page. The actual error message itself from the string in the URL is not being captured. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

The file used is checkout_payment for the capture using the following

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {

?>

php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); - working

php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); - not working

<?php

//credit card denial message

if (isset($_GET['error_message'])){

$error = $_GET['error_message'];

?>

Regards

Mark

Hi Guys sorry this was posted in general support linked with a previous post that is in relation to my issue so didnt check where it had been posted to.

i have installed protx & was about to go live but i have found a problem i think is important to say the least.

I have switched to the 'server ip test' to confirm what the amount is been posted to protx the amount does not match up & i am unable to find out were this amount is been generated from because the amount been sent to protx has no baring to the amounts in oscommerce confirmation page see below.

i.e.

Sub-Total: ?1.91GBP

Table Rate (Best Way): ?8.50GBP

VAT: ?1.82GBP

Total: ?12.23GBP (i would assume this be the amount posted to Protx)

but the amount sent to protx is:

The Request.Form Collection

VPSProtocol = 2.20

TxType = removed

Vendor = Removed

VendorTxCode = Removed

CardHolder = Ta

Amount = 10.74 (this value doesnt match the os commerce value above)

has anyone had this issue?

does anyone know were the amount value comes from exactly? that populates the posted message?

Any help would be apreciated

Regards,

Brian

Hi Jason

Using the Protx Direct Module, I noticed only the Error Message Title is being captured and output to the page. The actual error message itself from the string in the URL is not being captured. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

The file used is checkout_payment for the capture using the following

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {

?>

php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); - working

php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); - not working

<?php

//credit card denial message

if (isset($_GET['error_message'])){

$error = $_GET['error_message'];

?>

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I use:

<td class="main" width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_output_string($error['error']); ?></td>

That works well for me.

Hope it helps.

German

• 2 weeks later...
i have installed protx & was about to go live but i have found a problem i think is important to say the least.

I have switched to the 'server ip test' to confirm what the amount is been posted to protx the amount does not match up & i am unable to find out were this amount is been generated from because the amount been sent to protx has no baring to the amounts in oscommerce confirmation page see below.

Hi everybody!

I have a similar problem.

The amount sent to protx is always in the base currency.

E.g.: My base currency is GBP. As long as the customer

pays in GBP all is OK. If the customer choose to pay in

USD or EUR the amount sent to protx ist still in GBP.

It is not converted, but the currency string sent to protx is correct.

Result: The customer pays in the correct currency but if that is not GBP the amount is wrong.

E.g. sent to protx:

300 GBP - OK

300 USD - Wrong

300 EUR - Wrong

I would like to know were the amount value that populates the posted message is created, too.

Some additionally Info:

- I dont use VAT

- This issue occurs after updating from Version 2.0 to 3.1

Any ideas?

best,

Thorsten

Hi, when the payment is made the user is returned to the homepage? Can the script be modified so that when payment is made the user is directed to a successful order page???

Thanks,

*****Inadvertently posted this thread in main Contribution area*********

Hello all,

How long does the Protx VSP Direct module take to install and test in a vanilla install of osCommerce?

Ta,

Nagsy

PS I'm gonna install a number of contribs and would like to gauge downtime.

Hello,

Found another problem with this script. It does not process the 17.5% vat on my shipping cost like the protx form did. It shows the customer the 17.5% and the order shows the 17.5% VAT but when u check your protx account it does not actually debit the 17.5% of the shipping charge which in my case is ?1.14 (my shipping cost is flat rate 6.50)?

Any one else have this and know how to fix it?

It also does not send the customer to the successful order page :(

Edited by AlecUK

Its very easy if u follow the instructions...15 / 20 minutes and there should be no downtime...

Thanks Alec.....I have managed to get a test server up and running so its no problemo regarding downtime. :)

I am currently testing Protx Direct and would like to test my shopping cart responses to transactions where Protx fails the transaction due to:

1) Incorrect name

2) Incorrect card number

3) CV2 fails or AVS fails

From what I can understand I can only use the test Visa number '4929000000006' (in admin) and it doesn't matter what the card holder name, address AVS or CV2 is.

Any idea how I can test how the contrib reacts to incorrect details being sent to Protx?

As always, Thanks in advance.

Nagsy