• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configuration file

shayne119

I am getting an error coming up at the top of our site:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /rootdomain/co.uk/t/s/tsgsystems.co.uk/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Please tell me how I get rid of this? :'(

Cheers

Shayne

If on a Linux or Unix server, then FTP to your site, go to the file, right-click, select Operations --> FTP Commands --> CHMOD (Unix) and set the file permission to 400 (owner-read only).

Vger

Sorry, can't help you about Mac. Never used one.

Various other possibilities.

Is your site on a Windows server? If so CHMOD won't work. You'll either have to get your hosting company to alter the file permission for you, or, if you have ssh or telner access you can get to the site that way and alter the file permission.

If you are on a Linux/Unix server, it may just be that your host does not allow you to reset permissions, in which case they will have to do it for you.

Vger

Have you tried doing the changes from your hosting control panel instead of you ftp program? Sometimes that will work.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I am getting an error coming up at the top of our site:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /rootdomain/co.uk/t/s/tsgsystems.co.uk/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Please tell me how I get rid of this?  :'(

Cheers

Shayne

If you havent figured it out yet try this it worked for me

Q: Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /www/u/usernamne/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

A: In a new PHP file, insert the following:

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

save as chmod.php and upload to /catalog and /admin (just to be safe). Then access the pages in a browser ( www.domain.com/pathto/catalog/chmod.php ) and you'll be set.

Archived