• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed Module Version 2.1a on Oscommerce 2.3.3.4

Is it possible to get the prices calculated with maximum values instead of minimum values?

For example: 20:8.50,50:9.50,100:10.00, 200:12.0, 500:15.00, 1000:18.00, 2000:20.00

Table rate would calculate shipping for an item with 45 grams weight at 9.50 whereas this contribution calculates it at 8.50.

I would really prefer to make it calculate like the table rate does since I could just copy the post office rates.

In other words charge 8.50 up to and including 20 grams and for 21 grams get the price from the next range. This is how the post office rates also work.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance

To get the prices to calculate with maximum values instead of minimum values so as to make it calculate like the table rate does!

inside the mzmt.php shipping module (i.e. catalog/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php)

inside this function-> function determineShipping( $table_cost ) {

change:

for($i = 0, $n = sizeof ( $table_cost ); $i < $n; $i += 2) {

if ($this->order_total >= $table_cost [$i]) {

$shipping_factor = $table_cost [$i + 1];

}

}

to this: (which is how shipping table and zones have their "for" loops setup)

for($i = 0, $n = sizeof ( $table_cost ); $i < $n; $i += 2) {

if ($this->order_total <= $table_cost [$i]) {

$shipping_factor = $table_cost [$i + 1];

break;

}

}

I tested and this works for which ever mode you use ie weight, price or count.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have installed version 2.1a on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.3.4

I have also installed an addon for cash on delivery payment option that typically works with table and zones shipping rates (that is cod_fee_calculation_1.4)

The problem is that when I activage mzmt cash on delivery option fails to show up.

Could anyone hint me on this issue?

THank you

Hello.

I have also installed an addon for cash on delivery payment option that typically works with table and zones shipping rates (that is cod_fee_calculation_1.4)

The problem is that when I activage mzmt cash on delivery option fails to show up.

Could anyone hint me on this issue?

THank you

It sounds like your COD addon makes changes to the shipping modules that it works with. If that is the case, you will also have to make those changes to the MZMT module. Ask in the support thread for your COD addon if that is correct.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

The installation went well but on the lower end of the module when I choose "edit"

below

"Number of Tables/Geo Zone
The number of shipping tables per geo zone."

I get input fields but no text. I copied one of the html-lines, I guess text should be between ths strong-tags.

<input type="text" name="configuration[MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_HANDLING]" /><br /><br /><strong></strong>

What could cause that?

Kind regards,

Jan

Are all of the checks in the install panel green? The only thing I can think of is that you didn't make the changes to /admin/modules.php, or made those changes in the wrong place.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

No, MZMT only gets the total price, weight, or quantity from the cart. It has no way to know which category the products came from.

Regards

Jim

• 4 months later...

First of all : Kymation thanks for all youre hard work!

I cant found any solution for free shipping per product so i come with this solution:

(My) way of setting up free shipping per product with MultiGeoZone MultiTable

This solution may works for you if you dont use weight as factor for calculation of shipping costs.

1. Weight for all product that require normal shipping shuld be 0

2. Set up shipping in Admin :

http://i.gyazo.com/940d5bf05ad090e8b9eaff7b9cf0053d.png

2. for products that you would like to give free shipping set up weight 100

3. in checkout_shipping.php find  "if ($free_shipping == true)"   and replace with  "if ($shipping_weight > "99)

look at screenshot: 

http://i.gyazo.com/f4aa110c76c2011b5a934c37e3eb25a7.png 

Benifits

- you can set up policy "if you buy 2 pcs of this you get free shipping" 

How ?  If you have tereshold for free shipping set at 100 then set up weight for 1 pcs of this product 50. If customer will take two psc then $shipping_weight will be 100 and that will trigger free shipping.

- table rate shipping "purchases over X amout will have free shipping" still works, since this has nothing to do with weight

- I use this with MultiGeoZone MultiTable !

If there is some potential problem in other steps of OSC with this solution let me know :)

Baterije & Akumulatorji OsCommerce store

Kymation, thanks for confirmation :)

It works as expected in my store, i was just afraid that this can cause some problems in other part of OSC. 

Just to be clear: if you use shippong calculation based on real weight DONT use this modification :))

This modification leave out basicly skip ANY shipping cost calculation (not only MZMT) if you have in cart any product (or sum) with weight over 100 units.

Edited by 1qay1qay

Baterije & Akumulatorji OsCommerce store

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am trying this addon

Please help on the below Issue

Shipping for a zone is calculated as follows 

First 250grams, 585 and then for each additional 250grams it is 165.

Hence I have set as below

Geo Zone 2 Table Title in English
USA Shipping Options

Geo Zone 2 Handling Fee

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 1
0:0,999:66000%

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 1 Name
Speed Post

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 2
1:500,2:1000,3:1500,4:2000

Geo Zone 2 Shipping Table 2 Name
Courier

on checkout 

USA Shipping Options shipping_ups.gif Speed Post : 1.7 KG Rs.1,707.00 Courier : 1.7 KG Rs.1,585.00

Is there any other method other than this to get this shipping rate (i.e base rate and incremental rate)

Regards

Gopi A

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of this module and set up the tables as the following:

1st class recorded: 0:4.40,1000:6.55,2000:16.95,5000:21.35,6000:23.50,7000:33.90

2nd class recorded: 0:3.90,1000:3.90,2000:14.85,5000:18.75,6000:18.75,7000:29.70

But upon testing it at the checkout with an item weighing 100 the options come up as:

1st class recorded £13.20  or 2nd class recorded £11.70 (they should be £4.40 or £3.90)

Any ideas what I have done wrong, I can't figure it out as I don't even have those prices listed as option so where has it got those from?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

@@Wombie

Strange that you'd be getting values that you didn't enter in the first place...are you using more than one currency by any chance?

Dan

In currencies I have it set up to pound sterling GBP only.. so shouldn't be. I thought maybe it could be some kind of exchange rate if I'd missed a setting somewhere but I checked it and that doesn't add up either. It's a brand new store as well, the only other mod I have installed is theme switcher so there shouldn't be anything else messing with it.

Weird and interesting...you could try replacing the mzmt.php file in the modules/shipping directory with a fresh copy and see what happens..all the work is done in that module so something must be up with it. You could also try a different shipping module and see if that calculates correctly. If that doesn't tell you anything PM me and I'll give you my email address so you can shoot a copy of the mzmt.php file to me and I'll test on my development site and see if I can reproduce the problem....it should at least help narrow down where the problem is. 

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help, it turns out I was just being silly. There were some random figures added under the configuration in 'My store' that were adding percentages and package tare weight. When I had my first store I didn't have to edit any of that so I didn't think to check there. Doh! I still need to do some testing but it looks as though it is working perfect now :)