• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

Thank you for all of the bug reports, and for your patience while I figured things out. I can never seem to find all of the bugs without help.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi,

Thanks for quick response. During my search earlier today, I had come across yesterday's conversation and had upgraded to version 2.0.6 already. I checked again and found that version had changed, updated options now and everything seems fine.

I'll be grateful if you could point me a tutorial about setting up zones, I checked the instructions PDF, but that doesn't suffice for me. Is there a video or something?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Nix

There are several videos available (check Google or your favorite search engine). I have no idea whether any of those are good since I haven't watched them.

Regards

Jim

Hey,

Thanks again for your response. Although the PDF doc was little unfamiliar for me, I managed to finish it, ran a few SQL queries and it's configured for UK, Europe and Rest of the World.

Only a little snag is left, I have set price addition on count basis in the table. Is it possible to do addition without actually creating table for n number of items? For instance, right now I have it set for 0:5,2:10,3:15... till 10 products. Now, I was wondering if in case client would want to allow users to buy more than 10 products, should I write it till 100 products or is there a shortcut/syntax to instruct the module to automatically add $5 per product?

Thanks again,

Nix

Tried to figure this one out by myself and have had no luck. After I initially installed 2.04 and had issues (see previous post in this forum) I replaced the three files with the 2.06 version files. Now, under Shipping Modules, I see the currently installed modules, but when I click the Install Module button, it does not display any available modules. There is a number 6 in parentheses on the Install Module button, so I know they're there. It for some reason is not displaying the modules currently available. I've checked several times with file comparison tools that the edits made to the admin/modules.php file are correct and they appear fine. What else could be causing this?

***Nevermind...found the problem exactly 5 minutes after the original post. Typical. Had to do with an old version file of Fedex web services in the Shipping folder.

Edited by Two Pillars

I've added an option to set the units of weight that you want to show the customer. You can also turn off the weight display by leaving the units field blank.

There is no reason to upgrade unless you need this feature. If you do upgrade, you will have to uninstall and reinstall, so keep a copy of all of your settings.

Regards

Jim

Hi

Hi, newbie here. I installed ans set up osc with no problems. I also installed the add on for MultiGeoZone MultiTable with no problems. It was ver easy even for a novice like myself. I have been a computer tech store owner for 25 years. I am in the baby stages of learning php, but I get the concept.

Anyways my question is. I want to use the MultiGeoZone MultiTable to figure shipping, but I need the shipping to be calculated on each individual item as they are shipped seperately. The combined weight shipping amount is incorrect.

I downloaded a Seperate shipping module. it was also easy to install. However when i tried to combine them I broke things..... LOL

Oh forgot to mention I am using ver 2.3 of osc

Edited by deanelliott

You can use this module as is. Just set it to Item mode and put in the tables based on the number of items. Example:

1:5,2:10,3:15,4:20,5:0

Will charge $5 per item for 1 to 4 items, then free shipping for 5 or more.

Regards

Jim

I cannot use that number of items. some items cost 5.00 to ship and some cost over 100.00 to ship. I need to use the UPS chart that I have configured on each item based on weight and zones.

If a person buys 2-10lb, 1-12-lb, 1-13lb, and 1-14lb item. Total weight 59lbs. my shipping cost would be 70.95. But multizone would only charge 25.99. which would result in a profit loss of 44.96 which is probably as much as my profit margin was to start with.

5:9.99,10:12.99,15:14.99,20:16.99,25:19.99,30:21.99,35:23.99,40:26.99,45:28.99,50:29.99,60:32.99,70:37.99,80:45.99,90:56.99,100:67.99,110:77.99,120:86.99,130:94.99,140:104.99,150:113.99,

Edited by deanelliott

You said per-item charges so that's what I thought you meant. If you want to charge UPS prices, your best solution is to use the UPSXML module and get the quotes directly. It won't be exactly right if you pack everything in its own box (why?) but it will be close. You can use the tare weight settings to make the results closer to reality.

You can never make shipping work out exactly right for each package, so just try to get it to average out.

Regards

Jim

I tried that. Sorry, but I cannot use the UPS module as we drop ship from different warehouses and don't have a UPS account. Also it needs package deminsions and a whole bunch of BS that I don't need to waste time on. I need to be able to charge these, set fees determined by package weight and our zone system.

I know exactly what I want.

Either I will have to learn HTML, pay someone to do it for me or buy a cart service for a monthly fee. I just need it to apply to each package instead of combined weight.

Anybody can have a UPS account. I have one that is used only for testing software. No, you don't have to give it dimensions, just weight.

It sounds like you need the MVS addon. That would group packages by shipper and let you set up shipping rates for each of your drop-shippers, using whatever module works for each one. Why write your own code when it already exists? You might need to adapt a module or two, so learning PHP is still not a bad idea.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed Module Version 2.1a on Oscommerce 2.3.3.4

Is it possible to get the prices calculated with maximum values instead of minimum values?

For example: 20:8.50,50:9.50,100:10.00, 200:12.0, 500:15.00, 1000:18.00, 2000:20.00

Table rate would calculate shipping for an item with 45 grams weight at 9.50 whereas this contribution calculates it at 8.50.

I would really prefer to make it calculate like the table rate does since I could just copy the post office rates.

In other words charge 8.50 up to and including 20 grams and for 21 grams get the price from the next range. This is how the post office rates also work.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance

You would need to rewrite part of the quote() method of includes/modules/mzmt.php to use a maximum rather than the current minimum value. While it is possible to do this, it would be much easier to just modify your tables to use minimum values.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hello - I have taken over a website from a senior developer as he has now left the posistion - I'm having an error show

Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY_3 in /home/partbox/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php

This isnt for my whole site - as my OSCOMMERCE works with 4 languages, this only shows when checking out a product under the Dutch language module. Any help would be appreciated.

@@Nathaniel This happens when you have installed a language pack after you have installed this module. First, check that you have a file named catalog/includes/languages/<language>/modules/shipping/mzmt.php, where <language> is the directory where your new language is installed. If you don't have that file, copy

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/mzmt.php to that location and translate the defines it contains.

Once you have that done, edit the MZMT module in your Admin, check the Update box, then click the Update button. If that doesn't fix the problem, make a note of your tables and then uninstall and reinstall the module.

Regards

Jim

@@Nathaniel This happens when you have installed a language pack after you have installed this module. First, check that you have a file named catalog/includes/languages/<language>/modules/shipping/mzmt.php, where <language> is the directory where your new language is installed. If you don't have that file, copy

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/mzmt.php to that location and translate the defines it contains.

Once you have that done, edit the MZMT module in your Admin, check the Update box, then click the Update button. If that doesn't fix the problem, make a note of your tables and then uninstall and reinstall the module.

Regards

Jim