• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[support]?MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping Module

dreamscape

I've updated this module to work with osC 2.3.3.4, and included an improved Admin while I was at it. Please get a copy and help me test. I'll upload this once I'm fairly sure it's not buggy.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 weeks later...

I've uploaded a new version to the addons section. This is a major rewrite of the module. I've tried to make it easier to use, and the code is to osCommerce standards. It has been tested with osCommerce 2.3.3.4 and works fine.

The external settings for number of geo zones and tables are no longer used. All settings are in the module setup. Please read the User's manual as this setup is a bit different from other modules.

There is an MVS version for those who use MVS shipping. See the Extras section if you use MVS.

Please report any bugs or problems here.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Glad that this has been updated, I have the previous version running on my new 2.3.3.4 store but am keen to stay current with mods that comply with OSC code conventions so am interested in updating to your new version - but also very nervous now about breaking something after all the work I have done recently.

What are the implications of updating to this version?

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

If you have the previous version from the addons site, and it works for you, I would just leave it alone.

If you downloaded the one I gave you the link to previously, which was from my server, then I would replace that one with the latest version. The older versions had a bug in the updater.

If you do update, open a second window (or another browser) and bring up the admin installer for MZMT in both. Then do the uninstall/reinstall in just one of them, so you can copy the tables over from the other. Or save the page to your local computer so you can bring it up again for reference.

Not that the new version is a bit different from other modules. It uses the two-stage installer that I developed for the new USPS module (which I still haven't finished). Please read the instructions, at least the installation section, before installing.

Regards

Jim

Ran into two issues during and after installation on a store I updated to 2.3.3.4:

1) In admin/modules.php there two MZMT code additions/changes, ok, no problem. These two were taken care of using a file compare tool. There was a third change from my original admin/modules.php file below the two MZMT and was commented as // usps_codes and had one line of code following it. It did not show in my modules file. Is this part of this addon or something from a separate addon?

2) Once the three files included were uploaded (1 in admin, 2 in includes), I proceeded to follow the instructions in the Configuration section of the manual. No problem until Section 3.2 on Page 11 following the "Update" bullet. I added three Geo Zones and 3 Tables/Geo Zone and clicked save. Clicked Edit and it gave me 33 empty field entry boxes below the Update checkbox. All with no text, just the boxes. No pull down menus either. Any ideas what has happened?

1. That's a change that will help some modules, but is not essential to anything. I probably should mark it as //MZMT and leave it as part of this install. Good catch.

2. I haven't seen that before. Please check the configuration table in your database. Are the Geo Zones and their tables in the database? They should be at the end of the table unless you have installed something else since.

Regards

Jim

I just installed MultiGeoZone MultiTable on OsC 2.3.3.4. I thought I had it all figured out until I was making a test order. It shows the following errors:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TEXT_TITLE in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 53

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 64

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_ICON in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 80

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TEXT_TITLE in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 53

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 71

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_ICON in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 80

And also it shows shipping in ounces. I want it in lbs.

www.larryandmilliemoore.com is the site in question.

1. None of those warnings match anything in the module file. What version of this addon are you using?

2. This addon doesn't do pounds, ounces, kilograms, stones, or any other unit of weight. It uses whatever you set the weight to when you entered your product data.

Regards

Jim

1. None of those warnings match anything in the module file. What version of this addon are you using?

2. This addon doesn't do pounds, ounces, kilograms, stones, or any other unit of weight. It uses whatever you set the weight to when you entered your product data.

Regards

Jim

I think it's 2.0.4, (one from Jan. 6th, 2014) but to get it to work on 2.3.3.4 I had to download the updated file for it. Do you need to know what it says if I use the file that comes with the download or do you need the parts of the file I'm using?

The module tells you its version number. Look in your Admin where you installed it. The version number is near the top of the right-hand column.

The line numbers in your warnings don't match anything reasonable in the file. Line 71 is blank, for example. Please download the latest version from the addons area and use that module file.

If you are still getting those warnings, with the same line numbers, then your FTP is messing up the line endings. Get a different FTP client, or force the upload in ASCII mode.

Regards

Jim

The module tells you its version number. Look in your Admin where you installed it. The version number is near the top of the right-hand column.

The line numbers in your warnings don't match anything reasonable in the file. Line 71 is blank, for example. Please download the latest version from the addons area and use that module file.

If you are still getting those warnings, with the same line numbers, then your FTP is messing up the line endings. Get a different FTP client, or force the upload in ASCII mode.

Regards

Jim

All I see in the top right corner is it just says MultiGeoZone MultiTable. There is no number next to it.

53 'module' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TEXT_TITLE') . ' (' . $combined_quote_weight . ' ounces)'

64 'title' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TABLE_' . $j . '_TEXT_WAY'

),

80 if (tep_not_null(constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_ICON'))) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_ICON'), $this

->title);

71 'title' => constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $this->delivery_geozone . '_TABLE_' . $j . '_TEXT_WAY'

),

OK I put back in the file that came with the download. It says v2.0.4. I am using OsC 2.3.3.4. Now after I tell it how many geozones and tables I want, I get a whole new set of error messages.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

55 if ((( int ) constant ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $n . '_ID' ) > 0) && (( int ) constant ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $n . '_ID' ) == $this->getGeoZoneID ( $order->delivery ['country'] ['id'], $order->delivery ['zone_id'

] ))) {

I found a bug and uploaded a new version to the addons area. Only the module file has been changed. If you have this installed, please uninstall, upload this version, then reinstall.

Thanks to @@duccccky for the bug report.

Regards

Jim

I found a bug and uploaded a new version to the addons area. Only the module file has been changed. If you have this installed, please uninstall, upload this version, then reinstall.

Thanks to @@duccccky for the bug report.

Regards

Jim

I hate to say it, but I'm getting error messages. They look the same. I even deleted all the files and redid them to make sure there was no contamination.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_2_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_3_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_4_ID in/home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 55

55 if ((( int ) constant ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $n . '_ID' ) > 0) && (( int ) constant ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_' . $n . '_ID' ) == $this->getGeoZoneID ( $order->delivery ['country'] ['id'], $order->delivery ['zone_id'

] ))) {

Click on the History tab on the downloads page and verify that the top download says MZMT 2.0.5. Then download that one.

Regards

Jim

I just tried it again, clicking on history then clicking download on v2.0.5, deleted all old files and uploaded again. I'm getting v2.0.4 with the same error messages.

Well I got further with the 2.0.5A. I was doing a test order and after I saw the shipping I clicked Continue then I got this error message:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_MZMT_GEOZONE_1_TABLE_1_TEXT_WAY in /home/larryand/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/mzmt.php on line 94

and it wouldn't let me go any further. We're getting closer, I just know it.

Another bug found and fixed. Version 2.0.6 is now available from the addons area. Please replace the module file and try again.

Regards

Jim

Yah!! It's working. I successfully completed a test order!

Thanks so much for your time.