• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Coolmenu and SEO

AndrewM

Greetings...

I'm having trouble cleaning up the mess that Coolmenu leaves behind on this site:

Security Resources. I moved it from another host and developer so I'm sort of catching up here :-)

View the source of the page and you'll see all the js stuff that is getting in my way. I want to clean that up and have tried linking it to external .js files but to no avail. The menu either disappears or I get a "Menu not created" error.

I've had a look at other sites that use coolmenu and they don't seem to have this problem. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

I haven't used coolmenu but I do use external javascripts and they work fine. What code are you using to call the script? Do you leave the comment markers in the javascript file?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I haven't used coolmenu but I do use external javascripts and they work fine. What code are you using to call the script? Do you leave the comment markers in the javascript file?

Thanks Jack...

I'm using :

<script language=JavaScript1.2 src="menu.js">

</SCRIPT>

The javascript is in the menu.js and I've tried it with and without quotes.

BTW - I've inserted this in coolmenu.php in the includes directory.

Andrew

I think your problem is the path. You are telling it to load the file from your catalog directory but the file is in includes. Also, I don't think it matters in your case but to be more code compliant you probably should have the type. So try the following:

<script language=JavaScript1.2 type="text/javascript" src="includes/menu.js">

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived