• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emails not sent outside of store server

nboea

Any help on this would be appreciated:

E-mails are not getting received by addresses that are not hosted by the same server as my store. That includes purchase confirmations, tell-a-friend, and admin e-mails.

However, all emails are received just fine by e-mail addresses being hosted on the same server as the store.

The server is Linux, with php 4.3

I have e-mail options set to transport with sendmail, with LF, and Send E-Mails set to "true."

My Store Owner email and my Email From is the same store domain e-mail address. I'd rather not switch it to an out-of-domain address.

I'm not a php programmer; but I have been able, so far, to follow instructions on the forum with success. In this case, however, I haven't found a solution to this one on the forum or bug report yet.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
Any help on this would be appreciated:

E-mails are not getting received by addresses that are not hosted by the same server as my store. That includes purchase confirmations, tell-a-friend, and admin e-mails.

However, all emails are received just fine by e-mail addresses being hosted on the same server as the store.

The server is Linux, with php 4.3

I have e-mail options set to transport with sendmail, with LF, and Send E-Mails set to "true."

My Store Owner email and my Email From is the same store domain e-mail address. I'd rather not switch it to an out-of-domain address.

I'm not a php programmer; but I have been able, so far, to follow instructions on the forum with success.  In this case, however, I haven't found a solution to this one on the forum or bug report yet.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance!

Hey i got the same issue with my server and have not yet solved it! did you find a solution to this dillema?

Im using mysitespace.com for the server and can send to me or any email on the same domain.

warmest regards

DJ

Hey i got the same issue with my server and have not yet solved it! did you find a solution to this dillema?

Im using mysitespace.com for the server and can send to me or any email on the same domain.

warmest regards

DJ

Ok i got in touch with the provider and here is what they said:

We are sorry to say that we have removed the service of sending out the emails through the scripts, so if you are using scripts(php,cgi) or forums to send out the mails they will not get delivered.

We were forced to do this as many of the users were using scripts to sendout spam emails, We understand your problem but we had to take this action forcefully, to avoid the blacklisting of the server at other server.

Services are disabled temporarily on the server.

Also, we are sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward for your kind co-operation.

Thank you,

MySiteSpace Technical Support

http://www.mysitespace.com

So the issue is with the server after all!!!

I told my web host about the issue. They said they were getting similar complaints from other osC users. Then, after a couple of days it was fixed!

Sorry I can't give you a more technical (helpful) answer.

-nb

warmest regards

DJ

I told my web host about the issue. They said they were getting similar complaints from other osC users. Then, after a couple of days it was fixed!

Sorry I can't give you a more technical (helpful) answer.

-nb

Well here is the response from my server:

We are sorry to say that we have removed the service of sending out the emails through the scripts, so if you are using scripts(php,cgi) or forums to send out the mails they will not get delivered.

We were forced to do this as many of the users were using scripts to sendout spam emails, We understand your problem but we had to take this action forcefully, to avoid the blacklisting of the server at other server.

Also, we are sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward for your kind co-operation.

Thank you,

>_< Now that was 2 days of searching code to find out that they had removed the procedure!!!. Any recommendations for a good hositing company that allows you (or includes osCommerce in their package) :D

What a crock! I use ice-hosting.com. No regrets. They include osCommerce in their package, which is where I discovered it.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

-nb

Well here is the response from my server:

Thank you,

>_< Now that was 2 days of searching code to find out that they had removed the procedure!!!. Any recommendations for a good hositing company that allows you (or includes osCommerce in their package)  :D

Ok here is an update email from the hosting company:

"There is a way you can try by using Local email address such as [email protected] to send out php emails.

Also, the service of sending emails using script

is disabled temporarily and will be enabled soon.

Please check and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

MySiteSpace Technical Support"

Now i tried that procedure and it didnt make a differance at all.

The strange part is that i dont even get a confirmation order from my clients!!!

How would one track sales if they dont recieve the orders?

I will give them one last shot and then im off to another hosting company.

This appears to be a big problem with a lot of servers (or so ive read on this forum) most people never actually realise that its not the osCommerce but the server witholding emails or relaying via php or cgi.

regards DJ :D

What a crock!  I use ice-hosting.com. No regrets. They include osCommerce in their package, which is where I discovered it.

Good luck!  :thumbsup:

-nb

Archived