• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Replace 'Lets See What We Have Here'

zachmorris

Hi,

I'd like to replace the title that appears when you click on each category (the default is "Lets See What We Have Here"). I'd like it to display the category name, but I'm not sure what php code I need to insert to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

keep a copy of your code locally, and any changes there, then you can ftp to your site.

download a program named windows grep. install it locally. then search for what we have here and it will show you the exact file in the includes/languages which you need to change. all language files are the definitions of the text you and your customer sees.

the file to change this is in catalog/includes/languages/english.php (or whatever language your site is in)

Is there any way the title "Lets see what we have here" can be changed so that it displays the category or subcategory of whereever the products are in? For example, if the products where located in the "DVD" category it would say "DVD" instead of "Let's see what we have here" Or if we clicked into a subcategory of "Horror Movies" it would display "Horror Movies"

I try what it says in the constribution but it did not work for me. I made the changes and it removed the "Let's see what we have here" But it left the place blank. The categories do not show. Any idea how can i fix it???

I also would like to remove the cartoonish picture at the right of the "Lets see what we... text"

Thanks in advance.

Archived