• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configuration: My Store Not Responding to Changes

libman

Hi Folks,

I have a store I am starting to configure so I can fully understand OSCOMMERCE to use with a client.

It's at http://www.portcityportlandmaine.com/gregshop/

What has started to happen is that when I go to administer the store from domian/admin and attempt to make changes under the Configuration Catagory/My Store none of the changes are taking place. I tried changing the name of the store and it is not working.

I can go to english.php and bring it to notepad, make changes, and all works. But I need to make sure if my client wants to make changes their people will be able to makes changes via the administration panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ohh, in other areas of MY STORE changes work in the configuration area.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Libman

Thanks,

Libman

oh... hmmm

what about the caching system? If it is enabled, then the changes are being made, but you are seeing the old info that is in the cache

What is very odd is that if I go to the other settings under Configuration like the images area, the settings are being because I see the changes at the shopping cart.

I'm wondering if some file is in the incorrect place or I removed something someplace that is interferring with the changes on the english.php file. I really don't think so but who knows. This seems very odd.

Libman

oh... hmmm

what about the caching system?? If it is enabled, then the changes are being made, but you are seeing the old info that is in the cache

Thanks,

Libman

Archived