• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEWBIE wanna-be

ViaCC

Hello everyone,

I've built a site and am thinking that I should incorporate shopping cart technology prior to launching now that the holidays are around the corner... I've been evaluating shopping carts and am down to 2 (storefront.com and OScommerce) and prefer OScommerce.

The question is, "roughly how long does it take from decision to launch" - assuming that I have all the normal content created, including images, copy and terms and want a 'default OScommerce' look for launch?

Second question is whether there are reputable companies for hire that do dev and support for OScommerce - that might be able to get me up and running more quickly and help me navigate the usual hickups?

Thank you in advance for all the help/advice.

Regards,

CC

Hello everyone,

I've built a site and am thinking that I should incorporate shopping cart technology prior to launching now that the holidays are around the corner...  I've been evaluating shopping carts and am down to 2 (storefront.com and OScommerce) and prefer OScommerce.

The question is, "roughly how long does it take from decision to launch" - assuming that I have all the normal content created, including images, copy and terms and want a 'default OScommerce' look for launch?

Second question is whether there are reputable companies for hire that do dev and support for OScommerce - that might be able to get me up and running more quickly and help me navigate the usual hickups?

Thank you in advance for all the help/advice.

Regards,

CC

The install does not take long. If you are going with a default look then the biggest amount of time will most likely be getting all your products uploaded to the store.

Things you will need to

install osC

upload products

setup shipping module

enter in all your content, shipping info, policies page, returns. contact info etc.

decide on payment processor and implement.

Test site and make sure everything is working correctly

Go live

That is the short version but it pretty much covers what needs to be done.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived