• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin tool - Fatal Error

Claymore

When I try to access the admin tool I get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

I?m using PHP version 5.0.2 and MySQL version 4.1

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

After changing $this to //$this, i now receive a parse error when trying to run http://localhost/catalog/admin/index.php. Is this a syntax error. Ive been through the file 4 times.....

Did you try just eliminating line 31 from the admin/includes/classes/upload.php file? (make sure you leave the 'return false;' clause though). Or did you try the other comment block syntax '/* $this = null; */' (without the single quotes) to see if your PHP processor was somehow not recognizing the double-slash ('//') comments? My experience has been that the commenting of line 31 is for PHP 5.0.x and is not necessary for PHP 4.x.

My experience has been that the commenting of line 31 is for PHP 5.0.x and is not necessary for PHP 4.x.

He's using php 5.0.2

He's now getting a parse error in admin/index.php - and this does not appear to be anything to do with the previous problem, which has now been cleared. I suggest reinstalling this one file from an original, unmodified and unedited admin/index.php file.

Vger

PHP 5 has a bug in it.  Go to upload.php and make '$this' read like this '//$this' (without the inverted commas).

Vger

Do you know what could be causing the problem of not being able to change the values in the admin account, it lets me change them with no errors but it will not take the values they do not change, ie store name...

Any ideas? :'(

Archived