• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase 10 Trillion Products for $2.80!!

ChrisW123

I noticed that in your shopping cart in the Quantity field you can type "1" and then hold down the "0" key until it fills the field, allowing your customers to order a trillion products and be charged no more then $10 dollars. This prices carries over to checkout. :)

To fix it edit shopping_cart.php and change:

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

To this (added maxlength="3"):

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4" maxlength="3"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

Just think about the shipping charges that you would have to pay! Not to mention that you probably don't even have 10000000000000000000000000000 products in your inventory!!! :D

yea if you do that in your shopping cart it's a very low price i got this

10000000000000000000000000000000000 x 30-Piece Emergency Tool Set

$5.50

but once you get into checkout it changes to...

2147483647 x 30-Piece Emergency Tool Set

$118,004,226,402.65

so I really doubt your customer will finalize that order, unless he's willing to pay that amount of money... and if he is, then the price on shipping it's cheap compare to that much money jesus man, your distributor will prob be out of stock before you lose a even touch yourself in shipping charges

*EDIT* - profane language

yea if you do that in your shopping cart it's a very low price i got this

10000000000000000000000000000000000 x  30-Piece Emergency Tool Set

$5.50

but once you get into checkout it changes to...

2147483647 x  30-Piece Emergency Tool Set

$118,004,226,402.65

so I really doubt your customer will finalize that order, unless he's willing to pay that amount of money... and if he is, then fuck the price on shipping it's cheap compare to that much money jesus man, your distributor will prob be out of stock before you lose a even touch yourself in shipping charges

I noticed that one time when I did it, the checkout price did convert itself to a real Total Amount, but I think I did something else that caused it correct itself. But another time I went directly to checkout and on the Confirmation screen (just before PayPal) the Total Amount was still $2.80! I didn't try to checkout completely to PayPal but I'm thinking that price would have carried over.

I noticed that one time when I did it, the checkout price did convert itself to a real Total Amount, but I think I did something else that caused it correct itself.  But another time I went directly to checkout and on the Confirmation screen (just before PayPal) the Total Amount was still $2.80!  I didn't try to checkout completely to PayPal but I'm thinking that price would have carried over.

I am not sure how this would fit with this topic or not, but another "fix" as it were would be to "control" your quantity box with a drop down listing the number of items you want. This way you control the box and the numbers used for items requested.

RavenWulf

• 2 years later...
I am not sure how this would fit with this topic or not, but another "fix" as it were would be to "control" your quantity box with a drop down listing the number of items you want. This way you control the box and the numbers used for items requested.

RavenWulf

yeah.. that's right.. btw, how can i change Quantity field on the cart to a pull down menu?... Any help is appreciated :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

"I am not a Newbie but I am not an Expert either..."
"Lets learn about osCommerce together!..."

Archived