• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax based on product location

Hi,

I need some urgent help.

Could someone give me an example to add tax based on product location rather than the shipping address of the customer? That is can we somehow associate a tax zone against a product address instead of customer shipping address?

I am using OsCommerce to sell hotel rooms and tours that have tax based on where the service is situated (rather than from where the person is coming from)

Hence the tax zone for our purposes is the location of the product and not the customer shipping address. Each community has different taxes that apply to the product purchased in that zone.

Some tax zones designate both a sales tax and a bed tax to hotel rooms.

If we can only choose one tax class, we can pre-calculate the total for these specific products and use a tax class called "Local Taxes" so we are only associating on the tax rate the tax class for that tax zone.

Right now I have 3 tax classes

- LOCAL BED TAX

- LOCAL SALES TAX

- LOCAL TAX (COMBINES ALL TAXES)

The key is to somehow be able to associate tax class (withits assigned tax rate) to the tax zone which is actually the product address and not the shipping address.

Does this make sense?

We are not technically shipping anything..these are not hard goods but services!

Hope I don't sound like I'm rumbling....! :(

Thanks in advance....

Archived