• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Putting some space between header & page

ChrisJChrisJ

Any regular html method of spacing will work. However, in OSC, the common method of doing this is by using this code:

<tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>

Adjust the 10 to whatever height you want.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Any regular html method of spacing will work.  However, in OSC, the common method of doing this is by using this code:
 ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>

Adjust the 10 to whatever height you want.

Jack

Thanks for your reply, however I don't know where to place this. I want to move the page content down so it is not right up against mt header content. So I placed the code that you provided at the bottom of the headr.php file and changed the 10 to 100 and nothing changed. Is this code supposed to be placed at the top of each page file? Instead of the bottom of the header.php file? Thanks again.

Find the following code in your includes/header.php file:

<tr class="header">
   <td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
   <td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>

and add the code I gave you right after it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Find the following code in your includes/header.php file:
 <tr class="header">
? ?<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
? ?<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
?</tr>

and add the code I gave you right after it.

Jack

Thanks Jack

Archived